Extraordinary Care. Extraordinary Careers.
With the nation’s largest home infusion provider, there is no limit to the growth of your career.
Option Care Health, Inc. is the largest independent home and alternate site infusion services provider in the United States. With over 6,000 team members including 2,900 clinicians, we work compassionately to elevate standards of care for patients with acute and chronic conditions in all 50 states. Through our clinical leadership, expertise and national scale, Option Care Health is re-imagining the infusion care experience for patients, customers and employees.
At Option Care Health we recognize that part of being extraordinary is supporting and building a workforce that is as diverse as the patients and communities we serve.
Join a company that is taking action to develop a culture that is more inclusive, respectful, engaging and rewarding for all team members. We are committed to hiring, developing, and retaining a diverse workforce.
Job Description Summary:
Oversees the flow of information and any applicable equipment and supplies between the patient/referral source, benefit verification team and clinical departments. Functions as support for the location by acting as liaison between departments. Interacts with customers to provide information in response to inquiries about products and services and to handle and resolve complaints. Acts as a team lead by assisting management in training team members and overseeing workflow.
- Oversees all activities of the customer service department. Support the intake department on new patient referrals, helping to ensure the accuracy of information collected.
- Keeps current on medication, equipment and supply coverage criteria, including billing and diagnosis codes.
- Maintains organized file system for document tracking and patient management/follow up.
- Keeps records of customer interactions and transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints and comments as well as actions taken. Refers unresolved customer grievances to designated departments for further investigation. Checks to ensure that all complaints are addressed and resolved appropriately.
- In conjunction with management, plans, implements and administers a staff orientation plan and annual training schedule.
- Serves as a resource to all staff regarding questions or problems with the provision of patient care.
- Ensures compliance with any applicable State and/or Federal laws, accrediting requirements and Company policies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? No.
(i.e. hiring, recommending/approving promotions and pay increases, scheduling, performance reviews, discipline, etc.)
BASIC EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- College degree preferred, but will consider high school graduate or GED with extensive industry experience.
- Three to four years of related healthcare experience required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and keyboarding skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with branch departments and department team members.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to promote a compassionate, caring, customer service oriented culture by operating in a professional and collaborative fashion.
- Ability to train employees.
- Supports and promotes departmental goals and initiatives.
- Knowledge of computerized information systems.
- Language Skills
Ability to read, analyze and interpret information appropriate to duties and responsibilities assigned. Ability to operate information systems, follow policy, complete required forms, and prepare reports. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from referral sources, managers, patients, employees, payers and the general public. Ability to act in a self-confident manner to facilitate completion of a work assignment or defend a position or idea. Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Mathematical Skills
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as supply quantities, percentages and refunds.
- Reasoning Ability
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to evaluate information and make decisions or take actions to solve a problem or reach a goal.
This role does not require any traveling.
- College degree preferred.
Option Care Health subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity, making employment available without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status according to the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information.
- Evaluate Information
- Customer Service