To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Cambridge, MD 21613
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
University of Maryland Medical System • Cambridge, MD
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
University of Maryland Shore Regional Health is the principal provider of comprehensive health care services for more than 170,000 residents of Maryland's Eastern Shore. UM Shore Regional Health operates three hospitals, a freestanding emergency center, a skilled nursing and rehabilitation center, outpatient care centers and home care services throughout the region.
Be Part of Something Greater!
Receives and directs incoming telephone calls throughout the hospital. Monitors and takes action on emergency alarms. In base station for two-way radio paging; controls silent paging system.
- Answers incoming telephone calls on telephone console; directs calls to requested or appropriate extensions.
- Monitors emergency, fire, panic, 3-minute and trouble alarms; takes immediate action according to policies; texts emergency alarms daily.
- Controls silent paging system; monitory traffic, relays messages through beeper system.
- Maintains on-call lists; displays on computer.
- Initiates and control back-up telephone system during power failures.
- Connects/disconnects patient telephone service, as requested.
- Provides information to visitors in the absence of Information Desk staff.
- Strives to achieve excellence of service as described in the CARE Manual.
- Responds to the following Shore Health system codes: Code Red (if called), Code Pink (if called) and code D (if called).
- Responsible for honest behavior in all matters. To the best of the employee’s knowledge and understanding, complies with all Federal and State laws and regulations.
- Maintains the privacy and security of all confidential and protected health information. Uses and discloses only that information which is necessary to perform the functions of the job.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
What You Need to Be Successful:
Education, Experience and Skills
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of one year of receptionist, switchboard, or other communications-relates experience.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.