To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Waikoloa Village, HI
- US Autopost
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Front Office Manager - Hilton Waikoloa Village
Hilton Hotels & Resorts • Waikoloa Village, HI
Posted 17 days ago
Hilton Waikoloa Village is looking to add a new member to their front office leadership team! A Front Office Manager is responsible for managing Front Office Operations to increase profitability, control costs and quality standards while ensuring total guest satisfaction. This person oversees room reservations, front office systems, supplies inventory, scheduling, forecasting and department budget to maximize revenue. Compiles and prepares financial reports, including: rate and availability calendar. Interviews, trains, supervises, counsels, schedules and evaluates staff. Provide leadership and guidance to Front Office staff ensuring consistent quality service is provided. This position is responsible for the management of all Front Office Operations departments, with a primary focus on Front Desk and Concierge.
Candidates must have previous experience as an Assistant or primary Front Office Manager at a full service hotel. Experience within other departments such as housekeeping, a big plus!
What will I be doing?
A Front Office Manager is responsible for managing Front Office Operations to insure profitability, control costs and quality standards to ensure total guest satisfaction. Oversees room reservations, front office systems, supplies inventory, scheduling, forecasting and department budget to maximize revenue. Compiles and prepares financial reports, including: rate and availability calendar. Interviews, trains, supervises, counsels, schedules and evaluates staff. Provide leadership and guidance to Front Office staff ensuring consistent quality service is provided. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Encourages a team spirit amongst staff members with leadership and guidance.
- Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff. Assigns and instructs guest service, front office, reservations and front desk agents in the details of work. Observes performance and encourages improvement.
- Uses creative management skills to solve problems. Ensures compliance with Hilton standards to ensure consistent high quality guest relations.
- Manages desk through times of stress, and emergencies, resolves guest concerns, and implements resolutions by using discretion and judgement.
- Greets customers immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome, uses a positive and clear speaking voice, listens to and understands requests, issues, and situations from both guests and team members.
- Directly manages Front Desk. Encourages a team spirit amongst staff members with leadership and guidance. Assigns duties and instructs all Front Desk, Concierge, Lobby, and PBX personnel in the details of their daily assignments.
- Provides transition and oversight to all Guest Experience Managers. Provides administrative support to Director and Assistant Director of Front Office Operations. Observes performance and encourages improvement throughout the Front Office Operations department, ensuring compliance with all Hilton standards, and the delivery of consistently high levels of service.
- Resolves guest concerns and implements corrective procedures that ensure a reduction in future occurrences. Greets guests immediately with friendly and sincere welcome, using a positive and clear speaking voice. Listens to and understands requests, issues, and situations from both guests and team members, and takes appropriate action.
- Observes all areas of the Front Office Operations department, implementing and overseeing evaluations that support positive growth in our SALT performance. Coach and counsel all team members to ensure understanding and compliance with all hotel service standards. Reward and recognize when appropriate, as well as provide discipline and improvement planning when necessary.
What are we looking for?
- Basic mathematical comprehension to understand and interpret numbers as they apply to operations in hotels.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language to communicate effectively with guests and employees.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Ability to analyze information and make effective judgements.
- Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!