Catholic Charities is a non-profit organization with a diverse workforce of over 2000 employees of all faiths, ages and ethnicities who help to improve the lives of those we serve. We are the largest private provider of human services in Maryland operating over 80 programs throughout Maryland, serving children and families, people living in poverty, individuals with intellectual disabilities, immigrants, and seniors. Here, you can build a career where you make meaningful differences in the lives of others as we fulfill our mission to love, serve, teach, and work for justice.
The Neighborhoods at St. Elizabeth Rehabilitation and Nursing Center is currently seeking a Geriatric Nursing Assistant Trainee- All Shifts who will with proper guidance and supervision assist in performing medical and physical care to elders in nursing unit at the conclusion of an Agency approved training program.
The Neighborhoods at St. Elizabeth Rehabilitation and Nursing Center provides a comprehensive array of individualized rehabilitation and nursing services, including short-term rehabilitation, skilled nursing care, memory care and in-patient hospice care. The work schedule is Monday - Friday & every other weekend.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Assist in attending to elders' personal hygiene and daily living. This may include, but not limited to: providing baths, shampoo and shaving, providing and clearing bedpans and urinals, assists with meals and feeds patients. Ambulates, turns and positions patients. Provides fresh water and nourishment between meals.
* Assist in the planning and facilitation of social activities for elders of the nursing unit which provide meaningful ways to spend time through recreation, exercise, and relationship building.
* Follows universal precautions, proper infection control, sanitation and safety standards in all work and elder activities.
* Learn to report observations of elders to the nurse caring for the patient to ensure professional assessment.
* Learn to participate actively in the elders care planning and care plan meetings, serving as the elder's closet advocate in directing their care and honoring their preferences.
* Attend mandatory in-service training.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
* High school diploma or GED.
* Completion of the Agency approved training program. Geriatric Nursing Assistant licensure must be
completed within sixty (60) days of employment.
REQUIREMENTS & ABILITIES:
* Maintains a safe environment for patients and co-workers
* Understanding of basic concepts of personal care, housekeeping, and other care areas
* Heavy work that includes moving objects up to 100 pounds or more.
* Adjusting or moving objects up to 75 pounds in all directions.
* Completion of the Agency approved training program. Geriatric Nursing Assistant licensure must be completed within sixty (60) days of employment.
Catholic Charities offers a competitive salary and benefits program.
Catholic Charities has a COVID Mandated Vaccination policy for all employees, which includes an exemption process.
Join Catholic Charities of Baltimore where you will be an important member of a trauma-informed care organization that promotes a culture of safety, empowerment, healing, and self-care, and that believes that every person has infinite worth and promise.
Catholic Charities is an equal opportunity employer
- Infection Control
- Interpersonal Skills
- Occupational Safety And Health
- Well Being And Personal Care