To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chantilly, VA
- Jillian Mahoney
- Phone: 3012504322
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Research Assistant II
Aerotek • Chantilly, VA
Posted 1 month ago
Analyzes biological or chemical samples and/or develops/validates methodologies for various compounds and components in compliance with standard operating procedures (SOPs) and regulatory agency guidelines.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Organizes, conducts and evaluates analytical results and testing.
* Maintains study documentation and laboratory records.
* Independently sets-up, maintains, operates and performs routine and non-routine maintenance on general equipment.
* Performs quality control review of data.
* Informs Study Director, Principal Investigator and/or management of any problems and/or deviations that may affect integrity of the data; participates in corrective action of problems.
* Promotes a cohesive team environment.
* Assists in setting up and performing method development and validation of various analytes in a variety of matrices.
* Makes suggestions for modifications in test methods or procedures.
* Provides input and participates in project meetings, plans, monitors and guides project work.
* Ability to serve as lead chemist on projects, overseeing a small group of technical staff, with supervision.
* Maintains a clean and safe laboratory work environment.
* Trains and assists less experienced staff.
* Participates in client visits as needed, assists in communicating technical information.
* Participates in process improvement initiatives.
* Assists in evaluation of data for incorporation into written reports.
* Effectively plans and utilizes personnel and resources for timely completion of assigned projects.
* Assists in writing reports, methods, protocols and SOPs.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
* Bachelor of Science/Arts (BS/BA) degree in chemistry or related scientific field
* Relevant Bioanalytical experience may be substituted for education.
* Ability to perform basic computer skills (e.g., Word, Excel).
Work Experience Required:
* 3 - 4 years related or relevant laboratory experience required with a BS/BA degree
* Familiar with the use of standard laboratory equipment (e.g., balances, pipettes, centrifuges).
* Experience with analytical instrumentation.
* Acts as a technical resource for the department (trouble shooting, method development, qualification, maintenance and training).
* Maintains and operates laboratory equipment, including problem identification and resolution.
* Evaluates data for incorporation into written reports.
* Completes project assignments on time with minimal supervision.
* Knowledgeable on a variety of study types, analysis procedures and methodology.
* Able to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing.
* Acts as a project leader with guidance as needed.
* Able to perform complex analysis using unfamiliar or new methods.
* Ability to assist in the preparation of relevant sections of final reports.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.