Pack Systems Optimization Engineer:
- Crash structure including frame/subframe, suspension, steering system, wheel end, flexibles, power plant, dash mounted components or exhaust (as applicable).
- Analyze complex systems
- Develop benchmarks for multifunctional systems, including enterprise cost, weight and function
- Cascade realistic/balanced targets and functional breakdown to deliver quality and value
- Develop cross-functional solutions that deliver cost, weight, performance and meet customer needs
- Lead trade-off discussions in Systems Engineering Reviews
- Work with purchasing to determine cost effective sourcing of the system
- Develop new methods for system optimization and drive into the engineering process
- Use SysML to document system information e.g. requirements, behavior, and structure
- Strong empathy and communication skills to enable collaboration
- Great emotional resilience to negotiate cross functional trade-offs
- Strong systems thinking and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written, ability to concisely summarize complex concepts
- 8+ years of automotive and Systems Engineering experience
- 5+ years of relevant domain knowledge in body structures, electrical systems, electrical motors, chassis, or vehicle engineering
- Skill with a current optimization software such as Mode frontier or Heeds Demonstrated cross-functional team leadership ability
- Experienced in CAD, SysML and quality documentation (DFMEA, LFMA, Boundary Documents)
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, System’s Engineering, or Physics
Product Quality Assurance
Computer Aided Design
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
See the next step in your career
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 538423
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Advantage Resourcing is a member of a family of staffing companies owned by parent Recruit Holdings Co., Ltd., based in Tokyo Japan. Advantage Resourcing has offices in the U.S., Canada, UK and Sydney, Australia. The Advantage Resourcing service delivery model is “local market focus”, meaning that Advantage Resourcing learns client requirements for primary skill sets in every local market we serve.
View the full profile
Through our local market intelligence, we acquire resumes, screen and qualify candidates and prepare to deliver talent and solutions to our clients locally. Because of our vast global network, we also service clients who live and work in multiple geographies and countries as needed. It is not uncommon for Advantage Resourcing to manage human resource and staffing solutions for one client in multiple cities, states, and even countries. We are able to find the perfect candidate for a job one mile away, but we can respond to our clients needs whether they be 400 or 4,000 miles away while managing all of the international employment challenges, such as immigration and worker mobility issues, cultural anomalies, and currency conversions.