Area Clinical Director
The Area Clinical Director (ACD) is responsible for the management of all operational services for their region of responsibility. Working within the federal, state, and regional regulations covering home health/care the ACD works innovatively to meet the needs of our exceptional patients while fulfilling the Aveanna’s mission of future growth. Collaborating closely with the Regional VP of Clinical Operations, the ACD establishes and participates in program development and implementation. The area nursing team members report up through the ACD who oversees hiring, discipline, training, and all nursing related items.
Essential Job Functions
• Communicates formally and informally (in person or phone) with Corporate Representatives (corporate level) and Clinical Directors (branch level) to discuss/implement clinical procedures and troubleshoot issues/concerns.
• Conducts day-to-day personnel management to include:
o All components of performance management
• Enforces and demonstrates compliance with all State and Federal Regulations, Medicaid Regulations, and Aveanna Healthcare policy and procedure.
• Organizes & conducts Clinical leadership and staff meetings.
• Collaborate with Clinical Directors (CD), and Corporate Recruiting staff in order to build Nursing teams at the branch level
• Provide guidance for all Clinical Directors and Clinical Supervisor Staff as needed
• Monitor caseloads per branch.
• Mentor leadership staff regarding management strategies.
• Routinely audits and assesses for service failures and intervenes as necessary.
• Participate in community events.
• Achieve clinical and metrics provided by the executive team
• Review weekly/monthly clinical performance reports to assure nursing expectations are being achieved and met.
• Routinely make presentations to Regional Team and other staff regarding clinical topics and key performance indicators to include appropriate plans to address negative variances.
• Graduate of an accredited Diploma, Associate or Baccalaureate School of Nursing
• Current State licensure as a Registered Nurse
• 3 year experience as a Registered Nurse within the last 5 years; in a clinical care setting preferred
• Current CPR accredited by American Heart Association and American Red Cross or any other accredited sources approved by Aveanna Healthcare
• Strong computer skills and knowledge of basic software (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Home health or home care experience preferred
• Management experience preferred
• Must be able to adhere to confidentiality standards and professional boundaries at all times
• Ability to comfortably work in homes of families with limited resources
• Quick-thinking and astute decision making skills
• Attention to detail
• Time Management
• Effective problem-solving and conflict resolution
• Excellent organization and communication skills
• Ability to remain calm and professional in stressful situations
• Strong commitment to clinical excellence
• Leadership skills
• Ability to train and supervise staff
• Must be able to speak, write, read and understand English
• Must be able to travel; company does not provide vehicles or transportation
• Occasional lifting, caring, pushing and pulling of up to 25 pounds
• Prolonged walking, standing, bending, kneeling, reaching, twisting
• Must be able to sit and climb stairs
• Must have visual and hearing acuity
• Performs duties in an office environment during agency operating hours
• Must be able to function in a wide variety of environments which may involve exposure to allergens and other various conditions
• Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Complex Problem Solving