MV Transportation is seeking Mechanics, who is an experienced transit bus mechanic proficient in overall fleet maintenance. By training or experience he must demonstrate a high degree of competence in the performance of most facets of fleet maintenance.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform PM Services.
- Perform semi-skilled preventive, corrective, and repair maintenance tasks on various types of vehicles.
- Diagnose and repair engine, transmission and electrical systems.
- Perform repairs on air brake systems.
- Prepare and submit records of work performed.
- Record all parts and supplies used on equipment.
- Respond to Road Calls - this may include inspections, diagnostic work, electronics, brake repairs on hydraulic systems.
- Ensure safety policies and procedures are followed in the shop.
- Keeps a clean and safe working environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma / two year technical degree desirable.
- Minimum three (3) to five (5) years progressive heavy maintenance experience.
- Must possess or be able to obtain ASE Master Bus Technician Certification.
- Required to provide tools of the trade.
- Must have a sound understanding of the design, operation, and maintenance of heavy duty transit buses and components.
- Must be familiar with advanced technologies including alternative fuels.
- Must be proficient in the use of diagnostic equipment and troubleshooting techniques.
- Possess all basic technician tools.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Excellent attention to detail skills.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Commercial Driver's License with Air Brakes Certification preferred.
MV Transportation is committed to as policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Where permissible under applicable state and local law, applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check after receiving a conditional offer of employment.