Twin County Regional Healthcare
Our Mission: Making Communities Healthier
At Twin County Regional Healthcare, we compassionately pursue the health and well-being of our patients, employees and the community through our culture of exceptional service and commitment to quality.
Twin County Regional Healthcare (TCRH) is located in Galax, Virginia, which is in the center of the Twin Counties of Grayson and Carroll in Southwest Virginia. TCRH is a 141-bed facility that includes acute care, ambulatory care and emergency services. TCRH is considered a rural hospital that serves a large Medicare population, as well as, a total population of approximately 60,000. We operate within a 100-mile radius.
Quality Emergency Care
The national recognition we’ve earned demonstrates our staff’s commitment to providing the highest quality of care including:
American College of Cardiology Chest Pain Center Accreditation
What we offer:
- Opportunities for cross training into other areas of our hospital.
- The most up-to-date training and certification.
- Highly experienced Preceptors for new hire training.
- The ability to participate in our clinical ladder program which includes salary and career advancement.
- Supervise and coordinate care in a manner to ensure that patient needs are provided in an efficient manner, and in accordance with hospital policies and procedures.
- Possess the knowledge to safely apply theory and practice when providing, planning and assigning nursing care.
- Ability to problem-solve effectively to provide quality patient care.
- Provide excellent customer service including patient education.
- Ability to work with all age groups including infants, pediatrics, adolescents, adults and geriatric patients.
- Performs all nursing functions within the scope of practice in the State of Virginia.
- Ability to work with Paragon applications (computer system).
- Possess the knowledge to use PYXIS medication delivery system.
- Education – Uses the nursing process to meet patient/family learning needs.
- Professionalism – Applies knowledge to practice through participation in performance improvement activities and application of nursing research.
- Consistently communicates with co-workers, medical staff, ancillary departments and customers to promote a collaborative and cooperative environment.
- Reliability – Ensures completion of assigned workloads and moves to unassigned work at own initiative.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Standing, sitting, walking and bending (45-90° angles) are required.
- May require stair climbing.
- Reading and writing are required to fulfill job description.
- May require assisting in lifting and turning (up to 300+ pounds) of patients and assisting actively in patient care.
- Speech, hearing and visual acuity necessary in order to perform job requirement.
- Exposure to blood, body fluid and hazardous wastes is moderate to frequent and must carry out universal precautions according to hospital policy.
- May be exposed to irrational or disturbed patients, patients with communicable diseases and/or potentially dangerous equipment.
- Work involves mental activity.
- May be exposed to bad weather when escorting a discharged patient to their vehicle.
Education and Experience:
- Graduation from a school of nursing and have current licensure as an RN with the Virginia State Board of Nursing. He/she must complete orientation period of charge nurse duties.
Equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran