BAE Systems Intelligence & Security designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. BAE Systems has an immediate need for a highly qualified Senior System Security Engineer to support U.S Navy's Strategic Systems Programs (SSP) Office and the Trident II D5 Strategic Weapon System (SWS) programs.
Key roles and technical responsibilities include:
1. Provide subject matter expertise in DoD Program Protection with specific experiences with protecting critical information, technology, and components.
2. Creation of required plans for successful execution of DoD defense acquisition programs, including Program Protection, Anti-Tamper, etc., in accordance with DoD 5000.02.
3. Collaborate directly with government customers to create policy, process, and implement appropriate tools for architecting, modeling, and designing system security countermeasures including Anti-tamper techniques and technologies that can defend against adversary attacks.
4. Work across organizational boundaries and lead teams to evaluate the consequence of compromise of Critical Program Information (CPI) and apply systems engineering experience to define the defense-in-depth approach that best protects the system s critical technology.
5. Trained as an Anti-Tamper subject matter expert to support programs across the I&S Sector, while also engaging with other experts across BAE Systems.
In addition to the technical responsibilities, the successful candidate will also:
1. Demonstrate the leadership behaviors to effectively communicate, coordinate, collaborate, and work in a visible and proactive manner across boundaries to deliver positive results.
2. Be a highly engaging, team-oriented, customer-focused, and self-starting individual able to respond rapidly to a dynamic programmatic environment.
**Required Education, Experience, & Skills**
Minimum education and years of relevant/related experience required; Bachelor's degree in engineering, science, or related field (or equivalent experience in a relevant discipline) with at least eight years of relevant/related experience. Highly desired, but not required: INCOSE Certified System Engineering Professional (CSEP) certification
Additional skills/degree required:
+ Demonstrated experience in Systems Engineering (SE) writing systems level requirements, architectures, and designs
+ Performed requirements verification and systems integration testing
+ Developed complex system algorithm
+ Demonstrated experience with creating technical plans and creating/contributing to technical trade studies
+ Knowledge and experience working in the Systems Engineering "V" Lifecycle framework
+ Understanding Technical Processes (TPs) and Technical Management Processes (TMPs)
+ Familiar with the Digital Engineering Environment
Security clearance requirement: This position requires the successful candidate to be able to obtain a Secret level clearance. The criteria for obtaining and holding a clearance are driven by US government requirements. You must be a US citizen to obtain a security clearance.
**Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills**
Highly desired, but not required:
+ Master Degree in technical field
**Systems Security Engineer**
EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
- Certified Special Events Professional
- Search Engine Marketing
- Self Motivation