Be part of a team that builds innovation and begin your future engineering career with us.
You have the knowledge, now gain the experience. And why not with a global market-leading company? At Doosan Bobcat we offer a robust internship program to college students like you. Hone your creativity, critical thinking abilities, and your collaborative spirit, all while moving our company forward.
Build your future on a foundation of proven success. For us innovation is key, we strive to produce an experience for students beyond other traditional internship programs. You will be referred to as a "co-op" and you will be considered a true employee. Co-op positions are an eight-month long opportunity. You don't need a lot of experience to join, just bold dreams and a strong work ethic. Give us eight months and we'll give you a path for a lifetime.
Locations: Bismarck, ND; Gwinner, ND; Litchfield, MN; Wahpeton, ND
Role & Responsibility
- Design: Contribute to the design of our product by developing and modifying equipment using Creo 3D modeling software. Prove engineering concepts by building and analyzing prototypes in our state of the art test lab.
- Embedded Software: Develop hardware and software strategies to support vehicle architecture while meeting industry standards and regulations. Assist in architecture decisions across products while collaborating with mechanical, hydraulics, power train, electrical, and software design specifications
- Electrical: Assist in the creation, modification and maintenance of engineering design of assigned product systems and components. Electrically troubleshoot an existing application or project.
- Electrical Test: Support and complete electrical component testing in the environmental lab. Complete tests by subjecting components to vibration, temperature, humidity, and salt fog.
Innovation Accelerated: Build mock-ups of concept designs. Participate in customer interaction sessions and ideation sessions.
- Product Service: Disassemble products for Service Manual revision and/or Labor Time verification. Use statistical tools for advanced prediction of machine warranty.
- Manufacturing: Analyze and make recommendations on the manufacturing process of our products in terms of quality, economic and ergonomic factors. Research new and innovative technology to create process improvements and efficiency. Troubleshoot issues that arise throughout the factory.
- Quality: Use Creaform Scanning and Polyworks programming to analyze products and parts. Complete formal audits and assessments on products and processes. Monitor and address emerging issues while ensuring the most important items are being addressed.
- Software Development (Fargo, ND): Develop and test new and emerging technology to build proof of concept and minimally viable products. Provide support for software applications.
- Test: Develop and set up tests to evaluate functionality and performance related to structural fatigue, sound, hydraulic, and cooling. Determine loads/conditions (voltage, temperature, vibration, etc.), physical parameters, and monitoring methods
Requirements for these positions:
- Sophomore, Jr. or Sr. standing in Engineering field
- 3.0 or higher GPA preferred
- Be able to commit full-time to Bobcat for the entire term of the co-op (8 months)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint)
- Communication and collaboration skills
You'll really grab our attention if you have:
- Knowledge of engineering software (ProE/Creo, Solid Works, MATLAB, SIMULINK, C/C++, C#, QT)
- Hands-on experience in farm work, mechanical work, carpentry, or similar area
- Project management skills
- Previous co-op experience
What you will learn with us:
- Troubleshooting skills using machine operation, schematics and measurement tools
- Engineering software tools and capabilities
- Engineering process from idea to creation
- Communication with multiple functional groups
Benefits of being a part of our team:
- Competitive pay
- Collaboration directly with skilled professionals at a global company
- Student events tied to innovation, manufacturing processes, and product training
- Opportunity to give back through organized employee community service events
- First access to full-time career opportunitie
- Tuition reimbursement for co-op/internship related courses up to $1,400 for a 3 credit course
- Steel-toed boot and safety glasses reimbursements
- Relocation reimbursements
- House-hunting or interview travel reimbursements
The world-renowned brands that make up Doosan Bobcat produce industry-leading compact and heavy construction equipment, attachments, air compressors, lighting systems, generators and articulated dump trucks. Doosan Bobcat is a part of the Doosan Group, which employs 43,000 people in 38 countries worldwide. With people at the core of who we are, we believe the growth of our people will lead to the continued growth and success of our world-class company. Our team of dedicated employees is the backbone that allows us to provide construction equipment solutions that help our customers build the world of tomorrow. Wherever you find us, you’ll hear the sounds of progress, see the results of our people and feel the rhythm of transformation in everything we do.
Doosan is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, creed, citizenship status, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. Individuals with disabilities who require a reasonable accommodation in the application process or who need assistance accessing the information on this website should call Phone number blocked - click to apply. Doosan is a VEVRAA federal contractor and seeks priority referrals of protected veterans.
Beware of Fraudulent Job Offers and Solicitations
We recently learned that unauthorized individuals and/or groups are communicating false offers of employment with Bobcat Co. (“Bobcat”) via email. The communications include the Bobcat logo and may appear legitimate. However, they are fraudulent and are not sent from anyone affiliated with Bobcat.
Please note that Bobcat, Doosan Bobcat North America, and Doosan Portable Power DO NOT charge a fee, request payment, or request personal banking information at any point in the recruitment process. We DO NOT send unsolicited emails requesting personal data from potential employees. If you receive a job offer that appears fraudulent, please notify our talent acquisition team and consider contacting your local law enforcement office.
Any legitimate job offer from Bobcat, Doosan Bobcat North America, or Doosan Portable Power will be preceded by an official selection process.
Process Improvements (Business)