Join The Chronicle Team!
Born from a tradition of nonprofit journalism and deeply engaged in innovative digital ventures, The Chronicle is powered by an essential mission: to inform, empower, and connect the people and institutions that work to improve society. Today, The Chronicle serves the higher-education and nonprofit communities through two industry-leading news and information resources: The Chronicle of Higher Education
and The Chronicle of Philanthropy
The Chronicle is seeking a Platform Product Manager
to join its Technology Department.
This is a hybrid position requiring at least 1 day a week in the Washington DC office if you are within driving distance. Candidates in CA, WA, TX, FL, NY, NJ, MD, and VA may be considered remotely.
The Platform Product Manager reports to the Sr. Director, Business Solutions, is a key contributor to the technology product Strategy and roadmap, and serves as the lead in the discovery, execution and release of technology solutions that support our key business technology initiatives and operations. The Product Manager will partner directly with business product managers and the technology solution product manager to ensure that technology products derive the greatest value from the products we sell, and that requirements align across products and platforms. The Product Manager's vision will be driven by the market-focused business product managers' strategy and pricing developed through strong market research and segmentation.
The primary focus of this role will be on recruitment media platforms
that enable revenue generation for our recruitment commerce, job board, and the corporate/institutional media and advertising technology platform. The Product Manager will support the success of both existing business products and new product lines identified in collaboration with the market-focused business product managers. The Product Manager will become an expert on this focus area but will also engage in initiatives related to other Chronicle platforms including Customer Relationship Management & Customer Service, Subscriptions and Content Sales, Digital Marketing, Sales and Marketing Operations, Fulfillment, Payments, Billing, Invoicing, and integration with financial and other core systems. What's in it for you?
What you'll do:
- Medical/Dental/Vision Plans
- 24 PTO Days + Company Holidays
- Paternal/Family/Adoption Leave
- 401K with Company Contribution & Profit Sharing
- Tuition Assistance
- And more!
- Technology Platform Product Vision and Strategy
- Collaborate with Business, UX, and Technology product leadership to set the platform vision, strategy, and roadmap based on the company's strategic goals while managing stakeholders in product, engineering, and operations.
- Work with UX to present customer research and data analysis to stakeholders and senior management in support the product vision
- Work closely with business and product leadership to define goals and problems that drive solutions, identify and shape requirements, scope, and epics/features, dependent on business priorities and technology gaps
- Technology Platform Product Execution
- Is the expert on the recruitment media and institutional media/advertising systems, and can also provide Product Management services to support our content revenue systems, digital editorial platform, subscription and e-commerce platform, and internal financial systems that enable our business and finance teams to generate revenue and operate efficiently
- Represent assigned product line platform, support product vision, and partner with UX to share the voice of internal and external customers in cross functional discussions
- Own the product roadmap for your assigned vertical and ensure work is properly sequenced based on business priority, dependencies, and team capacity
- Support the Solution Product Manager in cross-product alignment and driving Agile transformation
- Understand cross-functional roles and how they contribute to developing solutions, advocates for the overall technology product strategy, and exemplifies and champions good Agile practice
- Participate in cross-product intake reviews
- Gain a strong understanding of requirements and solutions that are shared across products and platforms and anticipate conflicts so they can be resolved quickly. Collaborate to define cross-product impacts and program increment scope, and identify solutions to support conflicts
- Build a software release and launch management plan for the assigned vertical and collaborate with the solution product manager to integrate it into the organizational release plan
- Bachelor's degree and at least five years of experience in leading project teams and managing risks with demonstrated success in delivering multiple products on time and on budget
- At least three years of product management experience related to any of the following: recruitment commerce (online job posting commerce workflows and job boards), B2B media/advertising sales, B2C subscription commerce (digital and print subscription technology platforms)
- At least three years of experience working on large, cross-functional, highly complex product platforms.
- Past experience as a product owner, managing team backlogs and writing user stories is preferred
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) and/or Certified Agile Product Manager/Product Owner, DevOps certification.
- Agile Product Management Certifications preferred
The Chronicle is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to creating a diverse work environment. We encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply.
- Accounts Receivable
- Advertising Sales
- Agile Methodology