The Director R&D Global Project Management is responsible for leading the successful operational delivery of large, complex global, cross-functional projects of strategic importance to CSL’s product portfolio. They will be responsible for managing R&D drug development projects throughout the R&D lifecycle. The successful candidate will partner with the Global Product Leader (GPL) and be responsible for providing critical inputs into the business planning process for the projects including, scheduling, estimating costs, identifying, and mitigating risks as well as reports with the key performance indicators. He/she will apply project management rigor and discipline to support and advance the project strategy.
Program/Project Operational Leadership
- Work closely with relevant Global Product Leader (GPL) to define strategy, operational tactics, and accountabilities for team members
- Establish a regular communication cadence with GPL and functional leads to establish robust working relationships
- Responsible for the preparation and management of budgets, sensitivities, resources, timelines, project scope and all other documentation of large complex projects or a portfolio of projects.
- Responsible to drive the development and manage the execution of high quality, integrated cross-functional plans for projects
- Accountable for the accuracy, timeliness, and quality of project data and respective reports for senior stakeholders
- May Lead and/or Co-lead cross functional Development Teams (DTs) through tactical execution of project plans
- Identify, manage, and resolve project issues and mitigate risks
- Responsible to enter and manage all project information (e.g., decisions, actions, risks, modifications to scope, resources, integrated schedules, milestones, etc.) in project management systems, ensuring information is current, accurate and reliable.
- Guide teams through process innovation, optimization, and execution to achieve substantial acceleration and cost reduction on business-critical deliverables.
- Drive similar contributions on other projects, either directly in a facilitative role or indirectly as a mentor and resource for more junior PM staff.
- Monitor and measure performance vs. plan (budget and timeline) Provide project management expertise and support for manufacturing/commercial/licensing/partnering/intellectual property activities related to the projects or program.
- Ensure that contractual terms are adhered to either directly or through oversight of others
- Coordinate and develop program updates for key stakeholders and Sr. Management
- Integrate and coordinate the nuances and interdependencies of the various Delivery Teams, knowing when to dive into the details to remove barriers and/or support the team(s) to progress delivery while also knowing when to pull back to allow the Delivery Teams to deliver to their accountabilities
- May be expected to present at project governance or review meetings
- Responsible for project close-out activities including archiving per appropriate retention schedules
- Model CSLB leadership behaviors
- Lead process improvement initiatives designed to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the R&D Global Project Management Department
- Required: Bachelor degree or equivalent in Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- Preferred: An advanced degree (MSc, PhD) in Science or related field, Master of Business Administration (MBA) or equivalent, Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- 10+ years’ experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry (or where relevant a biomedical research organization).
- 7+ years’ experience as a project manager leading cross-functional project teams in a matrixed, global environment, including those with complex technical, geographic, and/or regulatory elements.
- In-depth knowledge in drug research, development, and manufacturing processes of (bio)pharmaceuticals (CMC, non-clinical, clinical, and regulatory).
- Demonstrated experience in delivering large complex projects or multiple smaller complex projects to meet business objectives on time, within budget and with quality.
- Outstanding influencing ability & collaboration skills.
- Ability to influence leadership on matters of strategic importance to projects.
- Proven success with building and developing high-performing matrix teams.
- Proven success and demonstrated expertise understanding and managing the complexities and interdependencies of large complex development programs
- Ability to work effectively in a matrix environment that includes interactions with multiple stakeholder groups; particularly demonstrated ability to work across the critical interfaces whether within R&D, Commercial, Strategy & BD or across the enterprise, garnering respect, and credibility
- Ability to navigate various cross-functional business complexities, assessing and interpreting the business impact and then identifying, prioritizing, and taking appropriate action
- Excellent executive presence, communication & change management skills.
- Exemplary project management skills
- Highly proficient in the use of Project Management processes and tools (e.g., Microsoft Project).
- Highly proficient in the use of project management methodologies, process, and respective tools (e.g., Risk management, root cause analysis, etc.)
- Highly proficient in use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams and Outlook
- Expert user of Microsoft Project
- Able to coach others in utilizing technology and tools effectively
We encourage you to make your well-being a priority. It’s important and so are you. Learn more about [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Director, Global Project Management at CSL.
About CSL Behring
CSL Behring is a global leader in developing and delivering high-quality medicines that treat people with rare and serious diseases. Our treatments offer promise for people in more than 100 countries living with conditions in the immunology, hematology, cardiovascular and metabolic, respiratory, and transplant therapeutic areas. Learn more about [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Director, Global Project Management.
We want CSL to reflect the world around us
As a global organisation with employees in 35+ countries, CSL embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. Learn more about [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Director, Global Project Management at CSL.
Do work that matters at CSL Behring!
- Change Management
- Project Management