To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- New Haven, CT
- Benchmark Senior Living
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Human Resources Generalist
Benchmark Senior Living • New Haven, CT
Posted 25 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Want to make your mark? At Benchmark, we impact lives through human connection. We are thought leaders creating quality experiences and inspiring personal growth for all who engage with us. We just happen to imagine, build and manage beautiful, private-pay communities geared toward older adults. Are you Called to Care about your work, other people and making a difference? Do you believe that people and teams are Better Together than going it alone? Are you always striving to Be the Benchmark by which all others are measured? Then our core values match. Connect with us -and to what truly matters!
Benchmark Senior Living at Hamden is seeking an experienced Human Resources Generalist. If you are an energetic, analytical, and detail-oriented person who is able to take the initiative in pressing situations and perform multiple roles within an organization, then join our team at Benchmark Senior Living! We are seeking an experienced Human Resources Generaist to support our Executive Director in the management of Human Resources and Financial obligations for one of our communities. You will also assist in the management of Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll and employee relations.
As a Human Resources Generalist, you will report to the Executive Director and maintain a close relationship with corporate accounting and Human Resources as well as the Organizational Development teams.
* Acting as the initial point-of-contact for all HR related matters; recruitment, benefits, employee relations, leave of absence and other HR related matters
* Interpreting policies and procedures and communicating them to all employees both proactively and in response to questions
* Responding to all vendor inquiries and creating 1099s for new vendors
* Recording resident payments onto deposit summary forms
* Posting service fees into billing system
* Processing Payroll and completing all payroll related tasks
* Point of contact for employee leaves of absence, understanding of FMLA administration process
* Manages investigations and follows Benchmark protocols
* Analyzing variances in departmental payroll vs. budget
* Gathering support for monthly accruals from department heads
* Producing proposals and presentation packets
* 2-year degree in a Business-related field; 4-year degree from an accredited university in a Business-related field preferred
* Must have excellent organizational skills as well as effective written and verbal communication skills.
* Be knowledgeable in regards to ADP payroll systems and basic GL and Accounts Payable systems.
* 2 years of HR Generalist experience is required as a Generalist
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications such as Word, Excel and Outlook
* Knowledge of HRIS systems
At Benchmark Senior Living, we recognize how hard our employees work in order to provide our resident seniors with the best care possible. Therefore, we are proud to provide our Business Administration Director with great compensation and excellent benefits!
Benefits available include:
* Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
* Life Insurance
* Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
* Long-term Disability Insurance
* 401(k) Retirement Planning
* Working Advantage
* Culture Compensation
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Adoption Assistance
* Discounts on MetLife Auto and Home Insurance through payroll deduction
* Paid Membership fees for SitterCity