The Mortgage Loan Originator is responsible for driving sales through outbound calling and borrower solicitation efforts to potential residential loan customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct outbound and inbound mortgage sales calls.
- Solicit residential mortgage loans from a captive portfolio of refinance candidates.
- Process residential loan applications according to established company and regulatory guidelines.
- Send, receive and review application and disclosure packages from borrowers.
- Produce a management determined volume of captive refinance business.
- Utilize systems for maintaining product knowledge, register loans accurately and pipeline management
- Understand and articulate financial calculations and current rate/pricing.
- Use excellent follow-up skills to ensure targeted conversion rates are met
- Partner with operations teams to ensure the seamless transfer of file.
- Monitor and update customer relationship management database
- Other duties as assigned
- 1+ years of Mortgage Sales experience
- Must be self- motivated with high energy and a positive attitude.
- Must have excellent phone etiquette with articulate use of the English language. Bilingual or multi-lingual preferred.
- Must be detail oriented and results driven with a focus on customer service.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, follow-up, and relationship building skills.
- Must have excellent written and communication skills as well as the ability to use different computer software programs related to loan origination and customer relationship management.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- 1 - 2 years’ prior retail mortgage industry sales or finance experience
- Previous business or sales experience is preferred
- Call center or telemarketing experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred; Finance and Business Administration graduates are encouraged to apply
Certifications, Licenses, and/or Registration
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to handle, touch or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to talk and hear. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms. The employee is rarely required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Bayview is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the Company are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
- Mortgage Loans
- Self Motivation
- Customer Service