To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Washington, DC
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Ruby on Rails Application Developer
Octo Consulting Group • Washington, DC
Posted 13 days ago
Octo is seeking a Senior Ruby on Rails Application Developer to be responsible for development, testing, and maintenance of enterprise applications utilizing Ruby on Rails, ReactJS and/or React Native and related technologies. While a member of a dynamic agile delivery team, the candidate is expected to build, test, and deploy applications, enhancements or microservices for existing applications on their own utilizing Test Driven Development (TDD), Lean, and XP methodologies. Candidate will be responsible for full stack development including creating and executing SQL queries to verify data and troubleshoot issues. The Senior Developer will facilitate technical and architectural workshops and design sessions, as well as mentor other developers.
- Provide support for the full life cycle of software product development.
- Perform prototyping, system analysis, development, fielding, and maintenance of systems.
- Develop, code, test, and debug new software or enhancements to existing software.
- Evaluate new software products and technologies, and provide recommendations to enhance existing systems.
- Conduct software testing to ensure satisfaction of application development requirements.
- Support software quality assurance and configuration management activities.
- Document software procedures and develop software reports, plans, and products, such as software development plans, software requirements specifications, software design documents, software development files, source code, version description documents, and test plans.
- Strong progressive experience in the Software Development Field
- Demonstrated experience with Ruby as a programming platform to develop multi-tier web-based applications
- Demonstrated experience with Rspec, Capybara, Cucumber and Selenium to enable strong TDD processes
- Experience working within a Continuous Integration/Deployment (CI/CD) pipeline using Jenkins and other associated technologies.
- Experience working within proper Software Configuration Management (SCM) processes, utilizing source code control, and change management software is highly desired
- Understanding of and Passion for developing Ruby Best Practices
- Mentor and lead other developer teammates on best practices and coding standards
- Strong SQL coding background; understanding of SQL statement optimization/tuning
- Experience with developing APIs and Microservices
- Experience working in Agile and Kanban environments
- GIS functionality experience
- Infrastructure experience: AWS, Red Hat Linux, CentOS, Ubuntu, Apache, Chef, Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF), OpenShift
- Version control experience: Git, Github
- Agile Lifecyle Management tools experience: i.e. Leankit, Jira, Rally, etc.
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Must be able to pass a Federal background investigation
- Experience at USCIS
- Public Trust at USCIS and/or DHS
- Certification: Certified Scrum Master (CSM)/Certified Scrum Developer (CSD)
- Experience with ReactJS and/or React Native
- Demonstrated experience with Jest, Enzyme Flow/Typescript and eslint
- Master’s Degree or 15+ years of experience preferred
Clearance: MUST BE US CITIZEN
Location: Washington DC preferred, possibility for Full Time Telework
- Regularly required to sit for extended periods up to 80% of time; frequently required to move about to access file cabinets and use office equipment such as PC, copier, fax, telephone, cell phone, etc.
- Occasionally required to reach overhead, bend, and lift objects of up to 10 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include use of computer monitor screens up to 80% of time
- Individual’s primary workstation is located in an office area
- The noise level in this environment is low to moderate
Our team is what makes Octo great. At Octo you'll work beside some of the smartest and most accomplished staff you'll find in your career. Octo offers fantastic benefits and an amazing workplace culture where you will feel valued while you perform mission critical work for our government. Voted one of the region’s best places to work multiple times, Octo is an employer of choice!
- Please no Corp-to-Corp or 1099 candidates; this position is W-2 only.
- US citizenship required per contract.