With approximately 1,300 boutiques and outlets throughout the U.S., as well as an online presence for each of our brands, it takes sophisticated technology, resources and infrastructure to ensure the continued success of our businesses. From finance and accounting to technology and merchandising careers, we have diverse opportunities available for talented professionals to join our team of nearly 16,000 associates who share our commitment to excellence.
This position is responsible for following established procedures, utilizing automated and manual systems, receive, transport, store, pickup and deliver a variety of palletized and non-palletized shipments, packages, and other goods, within and outside headquarters facilities. This position will facilitate basic building maintenance and communicate with external vendors to troubleshoot routine repairs.
- Unloads and counts shipments from trucks into receiving area.
- Checks in/logs shipments, matching information on receivers to that on/in boxed shipments.
- Sorts, labels, and delivers shipments from receiving area to designated storage and distribution areas, mailroom and offices.
- Picks up and relocates furniture, equipment and supplies to/from departments in the NSSC of various buildings and storage locations on and off site.
- Maintains storage areas in good order (office supplies, MIS supplies, production center supplies, both central and distributed, furniture, sample sales and corporate record areas. As well as transport recyclable materials, hazardous materials, and furniture on and off campus to designation locations (using company vehicle).
- Conducts quarterly safety inspections of company vehicles, making sure they are up-to-date and working properly.
- May assists with building materials and golf-carts.
- Maintains interdepartmental relations with maintenance, housekeeping, catering, space planning, and mailroom and company store.
- Restocks paper stations at copiers and facsimile machines as needed.
- Mentors, trains, and provides support for lower level Material Handlers.
- Works with standard hand and power tools, assembles and places office furniture and hang grids, bulletin boards, wall art, etc.
- Determines extent of repairs needed; requests assistance from Supervisor/manager for any problems beyond area of knowledge or expertise.
- Maintains all painted surfaces; cleans, spackles, and repaints offices, hallways etc., inspects, adjusts, and repairs multiple building systems; replaces light bulbs and ballasts as required.
- Maintains campus generators and fire pump tests- taking readings, testing, fueling, cleaning.
- Backs up housekeeping in removing trash and clearing clutter in buildings or hallways to ensure safety and neatness.
- Helps with the landscape and maintaining of campus appearance by pressure washing, painting, as well as removal of debris and trash/biomass when needed.
- Replenish janitorial and maintenance supplies and maintain acceptable level of supplies inventory.
- Inspects, adjusts, and makes minor repairs to all building systems as required.
- Assists Supervisor/Manager with special projects and/or repairs.
- Performs routine building maintenance such as repair plumbing, repair door locks, troubleshoots basic electrical and HVAC issues, and other building related maintenance.
- Maintains cleanliness of plant equipment and maintenance areas
- Monitors grounds for trash and assist housekeeping with trash removal and other duties as required.
- Drives company vehicle for various reasons as required.
- Follows detailed instructions from skilled maintenance technician or written format.
- Other duties as assigned.
*Due to the nature of potential facilities related breakdowns, fluctuations of products and manufacturing schedules and the urgency of new equipment installations, the Maintenance Department’s working hours must be flexible, and the individual must be available for scheduled overtime, and, at times, emergency overtime.Breaks and lunch times may also be flexible depending on emergency or high priority projects and assignments.
- HS diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience
- Good driving record with the ability to drive company truck, van and golf carts safely
- Ability to operate order picker and forklift and become forklift certified.
- Mechanical ability enough to learn how to effectively operate hand, power tools and other equipment
- Familiarity with shipping couriers, their services and guidelines desired
- Detail orientated, ability to learn, retain, follow and communicate policies/procedures correctly, perform all tasks with extreme accuracy, and adapts to changing conditions
- Excellent communication/ customer service skills, with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of internal and external customers in a pleasant, courteous and efficient manner
- Ability to operate a PC; familiarity with Microsoft applications desired
- Ability to work independently and as part of a cooperative team with other Administrative Services staff and other company personnel
- Ability to project and maintain consistent professional appearance and behavior.
- Ability to work standing close to 100% of the time. Performs duties requiring frequent bending, lifting, and carrying up to 50 pounds independently; heavier packages with assistance
Chico’s FAS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military service, veteran status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.