You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
We Care. We Deliver. Our purpose is to create communities our residents are proud to call home. We currently own or manage over 70,000 units in North America and continue to grow.
B e ll Partners , a national leader in multi-family housing, our mission is to be the apartment company of choice by creating value and honoring commitments to our residents, partners, and associates.
The Maintenance Manager manages, directs, supervises and performs maintenance services for the community and supervises the Maintenance staff. This position is responsible for interior and exterior maintenance, repairs, and grounds keeping for the beauty, safety, security, and wellbeing of the community.Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Recruit, hire, train and supervise all maintenance associates and conduct regular performance appraisals. Provide feedback to associates with the assistance of the Community Manager
- Ensure that the community and its grounds are in good repair and provide a safe and attractive environment for residents
- Inspect the community and grounds regularly, identify any areas in need of repair
- Maintain grounds, coordinate lawn service and other outdoor grounds service from approved vendors as needed
- Must set up and maintain the Community Compliance Manual for the community according to specifications
- Respond to all repair requests and maintenance concerns from residents and staff
- Prepare apartments for new residents
- Ensure proper removal and disposal of trash
- Ensure that all maintenance items are kept in a safe area to prevent injuries to residents, associates, and visitors
- Maintain availability to residents, management, staff, on a regular predictable basis
- Attend required meetings and training programs
- Must follow all safety/OSHA Requirements
- Regular attendance and punctuality
- Additional duties as assigned
- Understanding and ability to repair HVAC, plumbing, electrical, basic carpentry and mechanical systems
- Proficiency in computer skills such as Ops Technology, e-mail
- Available to work days and evenings, weekdays, and weekends
- Must demonstrate support of Bell Core Values
- Must demonstrate ability to provide exceptional customer service
- Must demonstrate ability to successfully work on a team
- Must be able to clearly communicate both orally and in writing
Education and Background:
- High School degree or equivalent is required
- 2-5 years previous maintenance experience preferably in a multi-family housing environment
- Personnel Supervisory experience preferred
- HVAC, EPA and/or CPO certifications may be required in many communities, based on staffing levels
These are physical and mental requirements of the position as it is typically performed. Inability to meet one or more of these physical or mental requirements will not automatically disqualify a candidate or employee from the position. Upon request for a reasonable accommodation, the Company may be able to adjust or excuse one or more of these requirements, depending on the requirement, the essential functions to which it relates, and the proposed accommodation.
Physical Requirements: See; View CRT Screen; Color Perception; Hearing/Listening; Clear Speech; Manual Dexterity; Walk; Bend; Reach; Lift; Push; Pull - 80 Pounds; Sit Stand.
Mental/Reasoning Requirements: Reading-Simple; Writing-Simple; Clerical; Basic Math Skills; Analysis/Comprehension Judgment/Decision Making
Work Environment: Shift work; Works Alone; Works with Others; Verbal Contact with Others; Face to Face Contact; Outside; Mechanical Equipment; Electrical Equipment; Moving Objects; High Places; Fumes/Odors; Hazardous Materials
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position.
Bell Partners, Inc. ("BPI" or the "Company") is an equal employment opportunity employer. BPI's policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, military/veteran status, marital status, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. BPI also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is BPI's policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
Note to Applicants: Smoking is prohibited in all indoor areas of Bell Partners Inc. unless designated smoking areas have been established by a particular location in accordance with applicable state and local law.
- Customer Service
- Decision Making
- Electrical Installation Work
- Fine Motor Skills
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: ge8gqgw
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.