Blount Fine Foods is a private, family owned company that has been in the food business since 1880. Our product line includes refrigerated and frozen gourmet soups, side dishes and entrees for food service and retail. The Company, headquartered in Fall River, MA, is the largest producer of Clam Chowder in New England and the largest manufacturer of Lobster Bisque in the country.
Summary: Learning & Development Position Instructors are responsible for the implementation of initial and ongoing development of new and current staff; maximizing efficiency & accuracy, while ensuring 100% understanding of positional and corporate requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- First point of contact for inner-departmental new hires and new hire instructing/training.
- Responsible for enforcing departmental and corporate policies and procedures.
- Commits to trainings and practices resulting in a measurable positive impact to department efficiencies and profitability.
- Works closely with assigned Operations department; enforcing Learning & Development policies, procedures and programs in order to achieve or exceed department and corporate goals.
- Provides ongoing feedback from Learning & Development to the specific department Supervisors regarding progress of new staff.
- Establishes and retains a Coach/Mentor mentality with new hires, exhibiting an ongoing positive attitude.
- Commits to the success of the new hires and to the success of the department overall.
- Works in unison with counter associates, to achieve department and corporate goals.
- 2-3 years of Lead, Assistant Supervisor or Leadership experience.
- 1-2 years of “training/teaching/instructing” experience or equivalent combination of education/work experience required.
- Bilingual in Spanish required.
- This person should have excellent communication skills, strong computer skills, be self-motivated, detail oriented, able to multi-task, ambitious, and have a teacher and mentor mentality.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office Processing software; including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k with Company match and Profit Sharing Plan
- Paid time off including vacation, sick time and holidays
- Education Assistance Program
- Life Insurance and Short Term Disability
- Discounts on Blount products at Company retail location
Blount Fine Foods is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital, & veteran status.
Provide Actionable Feedback