ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
Catholic Charities, Diocese of Trenton is a faith inspired non-profit organization, mission-driven, family-friendly, and passionate about services to our communities. We offer a wide variety of exciting career opportunities in the areas of Direct Care, Clinical, Fundraising, Human Resources, IT, Finance, Marketing, and Nursing. When you join us, you can expect a true focus on work-life balance, competitive salaries, comprehensive benefit programs, and an environment that promotes inclusion. Some of our benefits include: generous paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick time; excellent health & pension plans; and wide array of training and staff development opportunities to earn on-site CEUs. Catholic Charities is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a diverse and inclusive environment for staff as well as for people seeking assistance. To learn more about the agency, please visit our website at : www.catholiccharitiestrenton.org.
JOB SUMMARY: This position provides administrative work that is of a specialized nature, sometimes performed without procedures to guide actions.
- Schedules and organizes complex activities such as meetings, travel, and departmental activities
- Acts as a project manager for special projects, which may include planning and coordinating presentations, disseminating information and organizing events
- Acts as liaison with other departments and outside agencies
- Assists with the management of the supervisor’s schedule
- Answers the phone, greets customers/visitors
- Records and documents meetings
- Designs and types general correspondence, memos, charts, tables, graphs, etc.
- Organizes and prioritizes large volumes of information and calls
- May supervise other staff
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES: Extensive knowledge of office administrative procedures. Analytical ability to gather and summarize data for reports, find solutions to various administrative problems and prioritize work. Proficiency in computer skills.
SUPERVISORY REQUIREMENTS: possibly
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: AA degree from an accredited college or 4 years of related work experience. One year of supervisory experience, if applicable. Excellent interpersonal skills, project coordination experience and ability to work with all levels of internal management as well as outside clients/vendors. Proficient in word processing, spreadsheets and/or other office applications. Must pass skills test.
PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS: Must be skilled in Excel Intermediate and Medical Billing experience a plus.