EMCOR Services Betlem is looking to hire a Commercial Services Account Manager in Syracuse, NY. The primary responsibilities of this position include: design, estimate and propose HVAC&R project work and service agreements; perform service and project work as required, support service technicians, dispatchers, customers, potential customers, vendors, and project managers; assure that projects, and service requests under your management are organized, performed safely, and completed on time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, estimate, and price projects, retrofits and service agreements.
- Provide customers with proposals and schedule work according to urgency.
- Order materials and equipment required for projects sold.
- Properly convey the scope of work with technicians assigned to the project/agreement.
- Coordinate projects, manpower, work schedules and materials as needed.
- Properly arrange all schedules, details, and commitments.
- Communicate with the customers, as well as our staff, throughout the progress of the agreement/project to assure customer satisfaction and profitability.
- Properly calculate and assure each invoice is prepared and mailed at the appropriate time.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings to ensure our support staff is aware of project/agreement status.
- Work to immediately resolve any problems that may arise from projects/agreements sold or under your management and notify management immediately of any significant problems.
- Resolve any questions, concerns, or disputes regarding invoices, and assist in the collection of any monies due on the project, if so requested.
- Manage work force productivity and ensure proper man power at all times.
- Play a key role in hiring and layoff functions as required
- Provide immediate performance feedback to the employees working on your projects.
- Work closely with service dispatch on emergency service calls as required.
- Assist engineers, project and service managers on work as required.
- Work with management to improve our estimating capabilities, pricing models, and sales skills.
- Enforce corporate policy on safety, work ethics and time constraints.
- Ensure that work is executed as scheduled and that only emergency jobs interrupt scheduled work.
- Review equipment requirements and make adjustments as needed.
- Plan ahead on projects to ensure the highest level of productivity on the job.
- Maintain pro-active discussions of job goals, assign new weekly goals and initiate or suggest plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals to their highest potential.
- Work with our controls and energy group to propose energy assessments, controls commissioning, and related project opportunities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills a must
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong computer skills
- Prospecting skills
- Client relationships
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
- Self Motivation
- Verbal Communication
- Computer Literacy
- Emergency Handling