GlobalFoundries is a leading full-service semiconductor foundry providing a unique combination of design, development, and fabrication services to some of the world’s most inspired technology companies. With a global manufacturing footprint spanning three continents, GlobalFoundries makes possible the technologies and systems that transform industries and give customers the power to shape their markets. GlobalFoundries is owned by Mubadala Investment Company. For more information, visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to MTS - Technology Development Integration Engineering.
Summary of Role\:
GlobalFoundries is seeking highly skilled and motivated semiconductor development engineers to join our technology development team in order to develop and qualify world class RF and Analog Mixed Signal (AMS) technologies for manufacture in a 200mm manufacturing fabricator. This position is to support and drive semiconductor processing and process integration advancement in a semiconductor foundry environment. Candidates will be responsible for understanding client technical requirements and devising solutions to deliver on the technology, schedule, yield, and quality needs (in conjunction with the manufacturing, device, and reliability engineering teams) to service competitive markets.
Essential Responsibilities Include\:
- Initial and primary responsibilities include driving the integration of advanced process modules to be used in the technology in order to meet performance, reliability, yield, and cost objectives.
- Additional responsibilities include leading and driving interactions with various engineering teams outside the immediate area, e.g., testing, failure analysis, unit process, reliability, manufacturing, and research organizations, to facilitate and achieve program success.
- Deliver performance and reliability demonstration across technology development qualification milestones from conception through manufacturing installation
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs
- Applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., Or a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a) (3),"
- Education\: Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Chemical, or Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science, or other relevant engineering or physical science discipline.
- Years of Experience\: 5+ years in semiconductor processing
- Fluency in English Language – written & verbal
- Physical Capacity Demands – some amount of time required to work in a manufacturing clean room, with product handling.
- Experience in technical leadership of teams on meeting project milestones and performance specifications.
- Proficiency in MSOffice and Statistical Analysis including Cpk, Design of Experiments
- Experience in Analog RF technology in bipolar and/or CMOS based semiconductor technologies.
- MS in Engineering, Materials Science, Solid State Physics or other relevant engineering or physical science discipline.
- A comprehensive knowledge of modern device physics (FET & BJT device, bulk & SOI device structures).
- Excellent interpersonal skills, energetic, motivated, and self-driven
- Demonstrate ability to work well within a global matrixed team or environment with minimal supervision
- Outstanding communication skills - both written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to communicate well with all levels of the organization and experience in working with external constituencies
- Strong organizational skills; demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and able to react to shifting priorities to meet business needs
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and commitments
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to MTS - Technology Development Integration Engineering and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer with GlobalFoundries is conditioned upon the successful completion of pre-employment conditions, as applicable, and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Effective January 4, 2022, GlobalFoundries will require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. GlobalFoundries will follow the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) definition of fully vaccinated and will require proof of vaccination. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, will have the opportunity to submit an accommodation request.
GlobalFoundries is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GlobalFoundries goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law
- Business Requirements
- Complementary Metal Oxide Semiconductor (Cmos)
- Design Of Experiments