Job Description Summary
MAXIMUS is a leading operator of government health and human services programs and has partnered with state, federal and local governments to provide critical, high quality health and human service programs to a diverse array of communities. Operating under MAXIMUS’s founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People® since 1975, MAXIMUS Federal Services is entirely focused on helping government agencies run programs cost-effectively and serve program constituents with improved outcomes. By being a responsible steward for government programs, we help the federal government deliver on its promises through our people, process and technology. Our focus is always on outcomes and results that connect citizens more effectively with government services.
The Census Questionnaire Assistance (CQA) Supervisor will lead a team of customer service representatives (CSRs) and ensure the CSRs meet required customer service and quality levels. The supervisor will be responsible for the productivity, quality and timeliness of work completed for their assigned team members. The Supervisor will conduct regular coaching and feedback sessions with the individuals on his/her assigned team. The supervisor will report to the customer service manager. The Supervisor may participate in interviewing and hiring recommendations and complete performance evaluations for members of their team.
Essential Job Duties
•Follow defined Census program information, processes, and procedures.
•Provide departmental leadership in assigned functional area.
•Responsible for supervision of contact center employees to assure productivity, quality, and timeliness of work in the completion of assigned projects and departmental goals.
•Monitor staff quality and performance and provide feedback and coaching as appropriate.
•Monitor staff attendance/schedule adherence and enter exceptions, as necessary, into the workforce management tool.
•Assist with or deliver training alerts/critical updates to keep team current on changes that may occur in information or procedures.
•Perform tasks to assure service level and quality requirements are met.
•Participate in interviews and recommend hiring of contact center staff, as needed.
•Maintain department records related to CSR coaching and performance improvement.
•Complete employee performance assessment at end of assignment
•Adhere to the Title 13 requirements for maintaining confidentiality of all Census data.
•Immediately report system issues to manager or appropriate parties.
•Continually look for and suggest process improvements that will benefit MAXIMUS and our customers (internal and external).
•Perform other duties as assigned.
•May be required to work weekends, holidays, or off-shift, as necessary. Overtime may be required.
•Weekend and night shifts available.
Education and Experience Requirements
•High school diploma or GED required.
•Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience preferred;
•Six months supervisory or leadership experience required.
•Minimum of two-years customer service or contact center experience required.
•Demonstrated customer service, leadership and team interaction skills required.
•Security Clearance required. Position contingent on ability to obtain low risk security clearance.
•Must be able to read and speak English clearly, professionally and fluently.
•Fluency in the following languages a plus: Spanish (Northern American), Chinese (Mandarin), Chinese (Cantonese), Arabic, Korean, Vietnamese, Russian.
oBilingual agents will receive a pay differential and will be required to pass a language skills assessment test.
•Must have the ability to organize simultaneous tasks for individual assignments and the workflow of others within the unit.
•Must be able to respond professionally to difficult or tense calls/situations that may arise out of daily duties
•Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
•Ability to prioritize and complete tasks within established contractual service levels required.
•Must have demonstrated leadership skills and good interpersonal skills.
•Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
•Proven ability to work as a team member.
In accordance with contractual requirements:
Employment and continued employment is contingent upon obtaining and maintaining a favorable initial and final suitability determination, which will be decided in the sole discretion of the Census Bureau.
Ability to pass United State Census Bureau suitability assessment.
MAXIMUS is unable to provide visa sponsorship in support of 2020 CQA Program.
Non-citizens must possess a valid and non-expired Permanent Resident Card or Employment Authorization Card. The suitability assessment requires residency in the United States for a cumulative period of three (3) years over a five-year period ending with the date of the security application prior to starting work in support of the 2020 CQA program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise the work of customer service representatives to ensure adherence to quality standards, deadlines, and proper procedures, correcting errors or problems as needed
- Interview and recommend hiring and promotion of contact center staff, through partnering with Human Capital
- Develop work schedules and assign duties to direct report personnel to ensure efficiency
- Evaluate employees' job performance and recommend appropriate personnel action, including disciplinary action, performance improvement plans, and termination through partnering with Human Capital
- Discuss job performance concerns with employees to identify causes and issues and work closely with the Human Capital on resolving problems
- Ensure compliance with company Wage & Hour policy, including ensuring non-exempt employees get the rest & meal breaks
- Provide support and identify training needs and development opportunities, through weekly coaching sessions with direct reports
- Perform operational tasks to assure project and program service level requirements and goals are met, including analyzing direct reports’ quality performance and trending call types, and providing coaching on a regular basis
- Participate in meetings and recommend changes to policies and procedures
- Assume leadership responsibility for departmental tasks and contact center activities as required
- Support and enforce contact center expectations
- Participate in the work of subordinates to facilitate productivity or to overcome difficult aspects of work
- Assist direct reports with escalated issues or cases as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned by leadership
- Associate Degree or equivalent combination of education, technical training or work experience considered in lieu of degree
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in a call center environment required
- Ability to manage a high level of confidentiality
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite
- Excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment
- Ability to work as a team member, as well as independently
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for an extended period of time
- Occasionally lifts, carries, or otherwise moves items weighing up to 25 pounds
Since 1975, MAXIMUS has operated under its founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People, enabling citizens around the globe to successfully engage with their governments at all levels and across a variety of health and human services programs. MAXIMUS delivers innovative business process management and technology solutions that contribute to improved outcomes for citizens and higher levels of productivity, accuracy, accountability and efficiency of government-sponsored programs. With more than 30,000 employees worldwide, MAXIMUS is a proud partner to government agencies in the United States, Australia, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Call Center Supervisor
EEO Statement: Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies MAXIMUS deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We’re proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. MAXIMUS is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. MAXIMUS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.