Enterprise Training Manager
This position serves as an Enterprise Field Trainer for the retail field for the Enterprise (Dollar Tree and Family Dollar). This position is responsible and accountable for: District Manager Training and train the trainer sessions; selection, assessment, oversight, certification and ongoing management of the Model Store Training program for two banners; professional classroom and in-store experiential facilitation of major field training initiatives; consulting as a subject matter expert in the instructional design, and development of training content for the field; and strategically planning and aligning training deployment and work in key markets pursuant to a Zone-based people plan in accordance with learning governance at Dollar Tree. Principle Duties & Responsibilities
Individual must be able deliver best-in-class learning through large and small group classroom facilitation and experiential learning in the field. Individual must demonstrate high level platform facilitation skills that engage all learning styles through technical and leadership content mastery/expertise; utilization of adult learning theory in training; and the ability to call learners to action. Trainer must also be able to innovate and scale training, assessment, certification, and communications, through use of technology, including Skype, Powerpoint, Excel, remote training, and blended learning. Trainer will interact with all levels of the business from the field to the SSC, including interaction with senior leaders during major training initiatives. Trainer must demonstrate high degree of professionalism and behaviors in action that align with Dollar Tree’s core competencies. Emotional intelligence, highly adaptable, and ability to lead change are a must in this role in a fast-growing organization where Enterprise Field Trainers lead some of the most critical new business initiatives that drive our business results through the District Manager and Store Manager as primary internal customers. Ability to work as a business partner when asked and communicate at a high level to provide training solutions to strategic plans is required in a lean, high performing training organization. Travel experience and ability to use all modes of travel to facilitate training is an essential function of this role, including, but not limited to: air travel; driving vehicle for up to 5 hours to locations; shuttles; trains; and rental cars.
- Gather feedback and perform gap or needs analysis concerning current or needed training tools and programs.
- Employ adult learning principles and methodology to design, develop and implement training for various levels of the field population.
- Provide recommendations on counseling and termination of field associates based on job performance.
- Travel, Assess, Certify, Train, Oversight, Development Calls, DM Trainer Content and Process Development, Year 1 program stand up
- Serve as SME for development of DM Trainer program
- DM Trainers own T3 on technical content and adult learning theory
- Ensures DM Training content aligns with current SOPs/policy
- Owns facilitation of SSC/Zone-based DM Training Program
- DM partnership people visits in key markets/major initiatives
- Strategically consult with DM based on Zone People Plan in key markets
- Selection of TSM/MST
- Facilitation of TSM/MST Certification classes
- SME consultants for new TSM Certification content
- MST/TSM Council content development and calls
- Oversight - TSM/MST store visits to validate/support training, re-certify TSM
- Manage TSM/MST program
- Responsible and accountable for in-store assessments and re-certification process
- Analyzes market needs and supports succession planning to ensure continuity of program
- Own facilitation of large groups for major Enterprise initiatives
- Become an SME on all major Enterprise initiatives (meetings, trainings, etc.)
- Be a Major Training Initiative Champion to sustain training, embed learning behaviors into daily Ops and business partner routines (YTOM)
- Travel to deliver training, coordinate, manage training logistics for training dates from planning through deployment and measurement
- Implement best-in-class learning strategies to ensure learning objectives are achieved through facilitation
- Consult (SMEs) in the development of training content for the field
- Strategic and aligned training based on Zone People Plan
- Consult as SMEs on development of assessments, measurement, and productivity tools to sustain training, identify knowledge, skill and application gaps in partnership with Training and Development Design Team
Facilitation Requirements - Long periods of time speaking, standing/navigating classroom and store environments; inclement weather travel, etc.QualificationsRequired Experience
- 3 to 5 years Training and Facilitation experience in human resources, business or education. Must be able to work in a fast-paced and changing environment. .
. Preferred Experience
- Certification in coaching and/or training CPLP Certification or ASTD Membership. Retail training experience
– High School Diploma and 3 to 5 years ExperienceTechnical Skills/Qualifications
- Proficient in Microsoft Office & PowerPoint. Must have excellent; Interpersonal, Verbal and Written skills.This position serves as an Enterprise Field Trainer for the retail field for the Enterprise (Dollar Tree and Family Dollar). This position is responsible and accountable for: District Manager Training and train the trainer sessions; selection, assessment, oversight, certification and ongoing management of the Model Store Training program for two banners; professional classroom and in-store experiential facilitation of major field training initiatives; consulting as a subject matter expert in the instructional design, and development of training content for the field; and strategically planning and aligning training deployment and work in key markets pursuant to a Zone-based people plan in accordance with learning governance at Dollar Tree.