To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Naperville, IL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Create an Account with CareerBuilder to save jobs & unlock these great features
See similar job titles and skills to help you make your next move
Upload a resume and become visible to Hiring Managers and Employers
Compare Salary Information to see where you stand amongst your peers
Easily Quick Apply to jobs with just one click!
Email Send Failed!
Maxim Healthcare Services • Naperville, IL
Posted 1 month ago
Other Great Industries
Health Care, Professional Services
Maxim Healthcare Services is currently seeking an Operations Manager. The Operations Manager is responsible for successfully managing and leading the complete operations of a Maxim branch office. The Operations Manager has an integral role in the ongoing education of clients, physicians, case managers and community members regarding the functions and benefits of health care services. Additionally, the Operations Manager leads the quality improvement process, program development, and contracting with new customers while maintaining compliance with all reimbursement guidelines, as well as, Maxim policy and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Consistently models and manages the Company’s Mission, Vision and Values and the philosophy of customer service and compliance
- Adheres to and promotes Company Policies and Procedures
- May serve as a member of the Governing Body and Professional Advisory Board
- Consistently evaluates services and programs, annual review of Policy and Procedure manual and submission of Annual Program Evaluation reports to the Governing Body and other entities as required
- Responsible for fiscal planning, budgeting, and management with the office teams to maintain adequate cost controls ensuring the provision of adequate staffing, services, and resources
- Capable of proactively selling the complete range of Maxim’s services to current and potential clients, customers, and local healthcare facilities
- Builds relationships and effectively communicates with patients, referral sources, case managers, physicians, other members of the health care team, and community members
- Creates and executes strategic business development plans
- Responsible for developing and leading the overall Recruitment strategy
- Responsible for maintaining and driving excellence in technology platforms
- Responsible for public information materials and activities including advertisements and brochures that the agency uses to represent itself to the community
- Responsible for updating appropriate area departments
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining an ongoing Quality Improvement Program
- Responsible for implementing ongoing process improvement
- Responsible for completion of all required reports and corrective action plans
- Promotes and ensures attainment of assigned clinical and operational metrics
- Oversees hiring, on-boarding and maintenance of requirements for qualified personnel
- Responsible for compliant management of patient care from referral through discharge
- Oversees the handling of patient and employee complaints and is responsible for timely responses to grievances, identify discharge planning needs when applicable
- Responsible for oversight of on-call activities so that a qualified person is available at all times in person or via telecommunications during operating hours when patients are receiving or requesting services and participates in on-call activities where necessary
- Designates, in writing, a qualified person to act in his/her absence
- If not a Registered Nurse, will consult with AVPCO to appoint a qualified Clinical Manager to oversee the clinical management of the offices (when applicable)
- Provides ongoing development support for direct reports and others and provide opportunities for growth and improvement
- Maintains involvement in and participation with state regulatory agencies and appropriate professional associations
- Responsible for ongoing compliance with all current federal, state, and local regulations, Company policies and procedures, accrediting organization standards, and reimbursement guidelines
- Responsible for oversight of revenue cycle management
- Ensures that services are in compliance with ongoing contractual obligations
- May serve in the capacity of office administrator, appointed by and reporting to the Governing Body, and responsible for all day-to-day operations of the office. Those duties include ensuring that a clinical manager and operations manager is available during all operating hours; and ensuring that the office employs qualified personnel. In addition, if serving in the role of administrator, ensures that a qualified Alternate Administrator is selected and approved by the Governing Body to fulfill the role in the absence of the Administrator
- Performs other duties as assigned/necessary
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Marketing/Communications/Provider Relations (check state specific), and/or graduate of an accredited school of nursing, BSN preferred
- If a Registered Nurse, must be licensed to practice in all states assigned
- Preferred two (2) years of training and experience in health service administration and/or Public Health or Home Health Nursing
- Preferred one (1) year of supervisory or administrative experience in home health care or related health care programs
- Knowledge of home care requirements and third-party reimbursement
- Ability to effectively elicit/provide information to and from appropriate individuals (including, but not limited to, supervisors, co-workers, clients) via strong communication skills; proficiency in the English language may be required
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, etc)
- Any other requirements mandated by applicable federal, state or local laws
- Arizona-Three (3) years of administrative or supervisory experience, including two (2)years in health care
- Delaware-The Administrator is referred to as the “Director”. A Baccalaureate Degree in Health or health-related field required.
- Oklahoma-The Administrator must obtain and maintain the certificate to act as a home care administrator
- Rhode Island-A physician may act as an administrator. If the administrator is not a nurse, the nursing service must be under the direction of a RN who is licensed in the state and who shall be responsible to the administrator for the management of professional services, standards of practice and other related professional aspects of patient care services
- Tennessee-If not a Registered Nurse, must have one year of supervisory experience in home health care or related health program.
- Texas-The administrator may be a physician or a RN licensed in the state or an individual with education and experience in health care and one year of relevant experience. The administrator may also be a licensed therapist or licensed nursing home administrator with at least one year of management or supervisory experience in health related setting or an individual with a high school diploma or GED and at least two years of management or supervisory experience in a health related setting.
- Virginia-The administrator must be an employee of the agency and may not be an independent contractor. The administrator may serve as the clinical director as long as the individual meets the qualifications for and can fulfill the responsibilities of both job titles.
- Wisconsin- A physician, RN or a person with training and experience in healthcare administration and at least one year of supervisory or administrative experience in home health care or related health program.
Our company is committed to maintaining a challenging environment that promotes personal accountability, personal growth, and an active role in the driving vision of the company. We offer competitive pay, full benefits including medical, dental and vision coverage as well as 401(k), 529 college savings plan, basic life insurance with the option of supplemental, and 17 days paid time off in addition to holidays and two floating holidays.
* Does not apply to CA residents. CA residents are eligible for 10 vacation days and 7 sick days.
Maxim Healthcare Services makes all employment decisions, including recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, discharge, retirement, compensation, benefits, transfer, corrective action, or any other decisions affecting the terms, conditions, or privileges of employment, without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or other protected characteristics in accordance with all applicable laws, directives, and regulations of federal, state, and local government entities. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities, “disabled Veterans”, or Veterans with service-connected disabilities, are encouraged to apply. Maxim values the service Veterans have given to our country and we strongly support the hiring of returning Service Members.
At Maxim Healthcare Services, we firmly believe that our employees are the heartbeat of our organization and we are happy to offer the following benefits:
- Competitive pay & weekly paychecks
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Awards and recognition programs
*Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status.
Maxim Healthcare Services is a leading provider of home healthcare, medical-related staffing, travel nursing, and population health and wellness services across the United States. As an established community partner, we have been making a difference in the lives of our employees, caregivers, and patients for more than 30 years. Our commitment to customer service, improving patient care, and staffing experienced healthcare professionals has paved the way for many rewarding career opportunities in the healthcare industry.
Maxim Healthcare Services, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Job ID: 438825
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.