Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Power Systems (HPS) engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of products used by utilities. Today, HPS is deeply engaged in product solutions for OSP Communication utility purposes, and has been actively growing that segment of the business. HPS roots have historically been in high voltage transmission, distribution, substation, underground products used by electric utilities. HPS products are also used in the civil construction, transportation, gas and water industries.
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
8100 Churchill Avenue
Leeds, AL 35094
Human Resources Manager supports the HR Department and the management team at multiple locations with full cycle recruitment, benefits, employee relations, and payroll assistance. This position is essential in supporting the business by collaborating with the management team to reach goals and objectives of the company.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Effectively lead and manage the HR function in both union and non-union locations
- Responsible for interpreting and ensuring compliance with all policies, company processes, and state/federal employment law.
- Effectively communicate and positively influence all levels of employees
- Provide leadership in the development of people strategies and guide critical decision making with practical, proactive solutions
- Coach senior leaders and managers on strategic and complex organizational and employee issues
- Provide guidance and advice to managers for resolving employee problems while maintaining consistent and corrective discipline procedures for fairness and equitable treatment
- Administer and interpret corporate guidelines for benefits and compensation.
- Oversee and interpret the performance management system.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable local, state and national employment laws.
- Administers recruitment process to all recruiting efforts, interviewing, applicant skills testing, salary recommendations, offer letters, coordinating pre-employment background checks, drug screens, new hire paperwork, e-verify, and on-barding of all new employees.
- Responsible for HR reporting/surveys (EEO-1, AAP logs, and wage/benefits surveys). Prepares affirmative Action Plan and files all EEOC – related reports on a timely basis, and maintains adequate documentation, audit trail, and compliance with the record retention regulations.
- Administer leaves of absences including FMLA
- Assist in entering new hires, terminations, leave of absence, etc. in the HRIS and Payroll systems
- Presents HR related material at monthly management and quarterly communication meetings with all employees.
- Supports department and company-wide special projects.
- Responsible for unemployment administration.
- Lead employee engagement initiative.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required. MS or MBA is a plus.
- 7-10 years of HR leadership experience in a manufacturing role.
- Must be a self-directed, hands-on solid HR Generalist.
- Demonstrated success of leading the HR function in a union environment.
- Proven leadership and organizational skills.
- Strong computer experience required, Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to multi-task effectively in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
- Must be self-motivated, and a problem solver.
- Must have good time management skills and be able to prioritize duties.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality, but also sensitive situations where information must be shared on a ‘need to know” basis.
- PHR or SPHR certification a plus.
- SAP and or ADP experience a plus.
Bachelors Degree in Human Resources
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.
Human Resources Information System (Hris)