Technical Engineering Manager
JLL Public Institutions Group (Government & Higher Education)
About JLL –
We’re JLL. We’re a professional services and investment management firm specializing in real estate. As a Fortune 500 company, we help real estate owners, occupiers and investors achieve their business ambitions. We have nearly 300 corporate offices across 80 countries, with a team of more than 86,000 individuals.
If you’re looking to step up your career, JLL is the perfect professional home. With us, you’ll have a chance to innovate with the world’s leading businesses, put that expertise into action on landmark projects, and work on game-changing real estate initiatives. You’ll also make long-lasting professional connections and be inspired by the best. We’re focused on opportunity and want to help you make the most of yours. Achieve your ambitions—join us at JLL!
Job Summary –
The position is responsible for supporting multiple concurrent assignments that are geographically dispersed. JLL’s preference is for someone with State and Federal Government and/or Military Base Operations experience.
This role is responsible for designing and implementing strategic operations programs, providing ongoing field technical support, and administering centralized operations activities. Responsible for protecting and improving the value of the client’s assets and ensuring that building engineering systems continue to perform their intended function. This role requires a highly skilled mechanical/HVAC background with a proven track record of working on all types of Chiller mechanical equipment – New and Old. Finally, this role requires a strong level of expertise in CMMS systems such as Maximo, Corrigo, SAP, etc.
Job Responsibilities –
- Primary responsibility is to provide leadership and direction for the efficient operations and maintenance of all facility electrical, mechanical, structural, and life safety. The specific areas of responsibility include but are not limited to Employee Management and Development, customer satisfaction, staff productivity and efficiency
- Provides oversight of staff, with input on selection, counseling, appraisals and recognition; recommending salary, promotional, disciplinary, termination, and other personnel actions.
- Develop and maintain a strategic plan for the engineering team, in support of JLL and client objectives, with a focus on innovation and best practices and create standard work for all engineering activities
- Ensure consistent maintenance management practices across the account’s portfolio and ensure achievement of Key Performance Indicators
- Manage the on-account service center, security, data management and EHS managers and teams Actively manage direct reports to ensure the account meets or exceeds all contractual KPI’s for engineering, service center, security, data management and EHS and the firm earns all incentive fees with those services.
- Ownership and oversight of CMMS systems and Work Order Management within the engineering program.
- Identify risks to client facilities and eliminate downtime
- Implementation and management of the computerized maintenance management systems in accordance with JLL and client expectations.
- Responsible for the JLL Engineering Services Compliance Program
- Administer compliance with and reporting of applicable environmental health and safety programs
- Develop training programs based on needs gathered through skills assessments and safety requirements
- Administer technical skills assessments and technical training program of facility engineering personnel
- Conduct condition assessments and produce documentation
- Support preparation of engineering driven documents, report and other deliverables.
- Assist with JLL Auxiliary Services, such as Energy Management, Sustainability Services, and Strategic Sourcing, for JLL Public Institutions Clients nationally as needed.
- Undergraduate degree in business administration, engineering, engineering technology or related field
- Minimum 10 years direct supervision of multi-building operations
- Strong technical knowledge of building systems, data center, UPS, electrical, mechanical, HVAC, etc.
- Strong technical knowledge of CMMS systems such as Maximo, Corrigo, SAP, etc.
- Business acumen including financial planning and analysis must be able to manage within budget and time constraints.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate well in both oral and written reports
- Strong organization skills and collaborative management style
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time as needed
What you can expect from us –
We’re an entrepreneurial, inclusive culture. We succeed together—across the desk and around the globe. We believe the best inspire the best, so we invest in supporting each other, learning together and celebrating our success.
Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you achieve your ambitions in career, recognition, well-being, benefits and pay. We’ll offer you a competitive salary and benefits package.
With us, you’ll develop your strengths and enjoy a career full of varied experiences. We can’t wait to see where your ambitions take you at JLL.
JLL Privacy Statement
When you visit JLL websites, JLL may collect information related to those visits, without you actively sending that information. This information may include, for example, the internet browser you are using, your access device’s operating system, the language in which that system presents information to you, your IP (Internet Protocol) address, the web search that took you to the JLL website, the web pages and advertisements displayed to you, and the links you click on.
For additional details please see URL blocked - click to apply or our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please view our Equal Opportunity and Information Security disclaimers URL blocked - click to apply