The Women’s Surgical Specialty Unit at Inova Fairfax Medical Campus is seeking an energetic, service oriented Registered Nurse Unit Supervisor to work on a fast-paced Medical Surgical Unit for women ages 18 and up. It is a great opportunity to see a variety of patients and expand fundamental clinical skills!
Inova Fairfax Hospital has been ranked #6 in the nation
for Gynecologic care in the annual U.S. News Best Hospitals report! Sign-On/Relocation Bonus Information:
This position is eligible for a competitive Sign-On Bonus. Candidates who are relocating 50 miles or further are also eligible for relocation assistance.
This position is full-time, day shift – 3 x 12 hour shifts per week, 7:00am to 7:00pm
Inova Fairfax Hospital Women’s Center has the largest and most respected gynecologic surgery program in the region. Inova Women's Hospital has been designated as a Center of Excellence in Minimally Invasive Gynecology by AAGL, the leading association promoting minimally invasive gynecologic surgery. This designation means that both the hospital and the surgeons have undergone a review process and met standards to ensure the efficacy, safety and efficiency of their minimally invasive gynecology capabilities. Inova Women's Hospital offers the region's largest and most respected program for the diagnosis and treatment of pelvic floor disorders. We were the first area hospital to perform many of the minimally invasive procedures that improve women's outcomes while minimizing the impact of these procedures on quality of life.Procedures On This Unit Include
- General Laparoscopic & Robotic Surgery
- Gynecology / Oncology Surgery
- Urology / Gynecology Surgery
- Breast Surgery
- Plastics Surgery
- General Medicine / Telemetry & Continuous Pulse oximetry Monitoring
- Extended Recovery from Outpatient Procedure
- Success on this unit = flexibility, organization, time management, teamwork oriented, supportive, service minded, patient centered, and ready for learning!
The RN Unit Supervisor On The Gynecology Unit
Inova Fairfax Hospital is proud to announce that the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) awarded Magnet® designation, the most prestigious accolade for nursing excellence, to our hospital in December 2020. Currently, only 8.5% of hospitals in the nation hold Magnet® designation and Inova Fairfax Hospital is proud to be part of this select group. The new Magnet designation is in addition to several other prestigious recognitions which include: a five star rating from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), being named by IBM Watson Health as one the nation's highest performing hospitals, and among the top 10 Major Teaching Hospitals, an A for Patient Safety by The Leapfrog Group, the #1 hospital in the DC metro area by U.S. News & World Reports, and being nationally ranked in gynecologic care.
- Manages the flow of the unit
- Patient rounding
- Rounds on the staff
- Serves as Charge Nurse when needed
The Inova Registered Nurse Unit Supervisor
- Front line leader who is accountable for delivering highly reliable results related to Quality and Best Practices to improve clinical operation of the unit; embraces, uses and understands the research behind nursing practice and quality tools. Supports unit-based shared governance and decentralized decision-making structures and processes.
- Role model who leads by example in delivering Service Always and in making Patient Experience a priority on unit(s) of responsibility. Seeks every opportunity to meet the unique needs of each person we are privileged to serve-every time, every touch. Ensures that care is patient-centered.
- Continually pursues activities that will ensure smooth clinical operations/flow and compliance with Inova's goals of providing safe, equitable, patient-centered, timely, efficient and effective care in a holistic and evidence-based practice environment. Values and promotes collegial working relationships within and among disciplines.
- Engaged team member who is empowered to support our People priority by providing genuine acts of caring, appreciation, recognition, coaching, mentoring and encouragement to all members of the care team in order to further enculturate Inova's Care Delivery Model and results for all of Inova's strategic priorities. communicates effectively and supports production of an environment of mutual trust.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive paid time off (PTO) accruals that increases with tenure
- Seven annual holidays in addition to your PTO
- Competitive 401k match
- Educational assistance
- Relocation assistance available for qualified candidates
- Free parking for all Inova team members at all Inova locations
If Associates Degree RN-Within 6 months of start date, meet with nurse leader:
- At least one year of Registered Nurse Clinical experience.
- Education: BSN or MSN preferred or
Complete BSN within 12 months of start date
- Identify which Accredited School the employee plans to attend
- Submit a review of transcript from the school indicating the required pre-requisites and timeline for taking the courses
- Provide a written plan with anticipated BSN completion date.
For internal use only: IND1
- Completion of revised Charge Nurse workshop within first 90 days.
- BLS from the American Heart Association required. Specialty certification (as required by the unit) within one year of hire.
- RN licensed, or eligible to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia as a RN
- Proficient in English, strong verbal and written communication skills. Exceptional interpersonal skill and the ability to display a caring demeanor towards others. Proficient computer skills required.
Inova is Northern Virginia’s leading nonprofit healthcare provider. Our mission is to provide world-class healthcare – every time, every touch – to each person in every community we have the privilege to serve. Inova’s 18,000 team members serve more than 2 million individuals annually through an integrated network of hospitals, primary and specialty care practices, emergency and urgent care centers, outpatient services and destination institutes.
Safety Always: Learn how we keep our team members and patients Safe@Inova.
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (Acls)
- Basic Life Support
- Breast Surgeries
- Certified Nurse Practitioner
- Clinical Works
- Coaching And Mentoring