Company Name: Dillons
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Assist General Merchandise Department Manager in planning, organizing, training, and directing General Merchandise Clerks; perform production and customer service functions; maximize store sales and profits. Role model and demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
* Assist the Department Manager in organizing work, training employees to consistently provide customers with prompt, courteous service.
* Respond promptly, tactfully, calmly, courteously, and professionally to customer or associate comments, complaints, requests, and questions.
* Use Computer Assisted Ordering to manage ordering appropriate quantities of merchandise and supplies, and proper accounting of product received and balance on hand.
* Perform and direct others in pricing and displaying of merchandise. Maintain proper signage, product rotation, freshness, quantity, quality and proper space allocation for merchandise.
* Coach and train associates on effective, productive merchandising techniques, customer services, product presentation, and promotional activities.
* Communicate and interact with employees and customers to provide a positive impression.
* Maintain equipment and facilities properly and safely in accordance with company policies and procedures. Maintain floor, shelf and general merchandise areas clean and up to sanitary standards.
* Demonstrate the ability and desire to promote, communicate and implement company initiatives and process improvements to direct reports in a positive manner.
* Demonstrate aptitude to manage people and organize workloads.
* Supervise and coach direct reports in the performance of their duties; complete performance reviews and provide feedback to direct reports.
* Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
* Willing to weekends and holidays.
* Effective written and verbal communication skills.
* Understand all key components of department operations.
* Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations related to employment practices, and safety.
* Qualified and able to operate power machinery and work with various job tools.
* Ability to make intelligent decisions quickly.
* Able to tactfully and calmly handle stressful situations and make a positive impression on associates and customers.
* Possess abilities and skills for effective production, merchandising and customer services related to sale of merchandise.
Desired Previous Job Experience:
* Grocery retail work experience and/or backup manager experience.
* Past work record reflects dependability and integrity.
Education Level: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
Shift(s): Day; Evening; Overnight
Jobs at Dillons, Baker's, and Gerbes: At Dillons, Baker's, and Gerbes, we are always looking for friendly and reliable people for a variety of positions, including management opportunities for those with retail management experience. We offer competitive wages and benefits, a flexible schedule, and room for career advancement. If you're interested in a new opportunity with our company, complete an online application today.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of banner names. At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: KS || Topeka || 2010 Se 29Th St || 66605 || Dillons || [[mfield2]] || Customer Service; Store Operations || Employee || Non-Exempt || Full-Time || None
- Business Process Improvement
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Customer Service
- Employment Practices Liability