To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- North Miami, FL
- Catholic Health Initiatives
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Catholic Health Services • North Miami, FL
Posted 2 months ago
A. ADMINISTRATIVE FUNCTIONS:
1. Log and triage all incoming phone calls to the Admitting Office.
2. Secure all necessary data from referral sources and relay to liaisons.
3. Admit, transfer, and discharge persons served in accordance with established policies and procedures.
4. Maintain daily and monthly census report as directed.
5. Record and assign admission numbers.
6. Provide nursing unit with pre-admission assessment forms, door tag, and wristband for all admissions.
7. Create admission face sheets.
8. Complete all admissions paperwork to initiate obtaining signature of person served on all required permits, releases, authorizations, etc.
9. Attend pre-admission team meeting daily.
10. Provide facility tours.
11. Maintain a waiting list in accordance with established policies and procedures.
12. Any other duties as needed and directed by the hospital director to assure that the needs of the facility are met.
B. STAFF DEVELOPMENT
1. Attend and participate in in-service educational classes and on-the-job training programs, including annual OSHA and CDC in-service training programs concerning hazard communication, TB management, and blood borne pathogens. Attend and participate in workshops, seminars, etc. as approved.
C. SAFETY AND SANITATION
The duties and responsibilities of the position are to be carried out in a manner that is consistent with the mission, values and operating principles of Catholic Health Services.
MISSION STATEMENT: To provide health care and services to those in need, to minimize human suffering, to assist people to wholeness, and to nurture an awareness of their relationship with God.
SUMMARY: Purpose of your position is to obtain required information; determining and verifying eligibility based on payer guidelines, and admit persons served in an efficient manner, in accordance with established policies and procedures, as directed by your supervisor. Obtaining insurance verification and eligibility.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Must possess, as a minimum, a high school diploma.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to persons served, visitors and other employees of the organization. Must be able to read, write and speak English.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide, in all units of measure.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: High School Diploma
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: (Complete the attached skills checklist)
Must have the ability to work as a team member.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, climb or balance, and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices and learn the policies concerning infection control.