GDIT is looking for a Help Desk Technician II/III in Raleigh (NC) to join our team supporting the USPS.
Responsibilities and duties are listed but not limited to below:
- Ability to develop solutions using PowerShell, VBScript, etc. to identify and/or remediate problems/issues/requirements related to Microsoft Workplace Modernization efforts: Windows 10 SAC and Office 365 ProPlus.
- Collaborates/Interacts with other diverse functional groups to accomplish stated objectives.
- Researches, evaluates, and develops a wide variety of complex technology components of a tactical nature.
- Independently installs, tests, and implements complex component-level changes within the technology infrastructure.
- Operates, maintains, and provides customer support for a wide variety of complex technology components.
- Establishes operational processes for delivering world-class technology platforms.
- Independently analyzes and develops innovative resolutions for complex problems involving availability and/or performance at the component level. Works with vendors to resolve problems and implements approved solutions independently.
- Performs capacity and performance analyses and develops and implements recommendations.
- Develops, plans, and manages project tasks.
- Participates in the preparation of materials and oral presentations for customers and management. Plays a lead role in meetings relating to specific technical projects or tasks.
- Develops and recommends innovative solutions to business problems of moderate complexity, including preparation of cost-benefit analyses.
- Establishes and maintains working relationships with vendors. Understands and influences vendor strategies and product directions.
- Develops and maintains specialized knowledge of current and emerging technologies within assigned division or platform.
- Provides training to less experienced team members of the IT department.
- Analyzes and resolves complex hardware and software problems with distributed systems.
- Uses in-depth knowledge of distributed hardware and software systems.
- Uses the management systems associated with the aforementioned systems.
- Performs tests and implements hardware and software, adds, and changes, backup and restoration functions, etc.
- Performs visual checks of all system components, wiring and status lights.
- Escalates unusual or unexpected findings as appropriate.
- Provides periodic reports to users and managers of systems status.
- Provides weekly status reports and maintains project cost charge backs.
- Maintains Project plans as required and notifies management of critical failures and missed milestones.
- Uses change and test management procedures as required.
- Provides action plan for resolution of any/all faults detected.
- Performs isolation testing of problem equipment and or software.
- Provides documentation of all solutions to problems.
- Provides reports with intent to share solutions found.
- Provides and implements escalation process and or procedures.
- Develops, implements and follows the appropriate quality assurance program.
- Develops recommendations and procedures for implementation of new hardware/software products and applications, suitable for presentations.
- Edits computer-based documentation and trouble ticket systems to document equipment configurations, track changes and problems, and compiles performance data.
- Performs user assistance, training and information sharing.
- Provides on-site system or application support for deployment/installation as required.
- Maintains professional appearance and attitude in keeping with the standards on the USPS.
- Interacts with other diverse functional groups to accomplish stated objectives.
This program only accepts US citizens and/or Green Card Holders. The security clearance for this program requires the selected candidate to have resided in the US for the past five years. The selected candidate cannot have left the country for longer than 90 consecutive days and no more than 180 cumulative days.
HS/GED - As a minimum requirement for the Help Desk Technician II
AA/AS - As a minimum requirement for the Help Desk Technician III
Acceptance Criteria: Five years of relevant and progressive experience in a distributed computing environment is preferred. This individual must have demonstrated skills in tools and techniques appropriate to the above job duties. A working knowledge of current computer and communications technologies and disciplines, including PC operating systems and hardware platforms, local area networks, wide area networks, messaging, and client-server applications is required.
This position requires the following demonstrated competencies:
- Customer service skills and the ability to successfully and consistently satisfy client problems and needs when working in a Service Center environment.
- Effective oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to be proactive and resourceful in managing multiple priorities in a dynamic and fluid environment.
- A commitment to quality.
This position requires specialized knowledge and skills in the architectures, technologies, tools, and techniques related to at least two of the disciplines outlined below as illustrated by an in-depth understanding of the underlying hardware and software architectures, the ability to independently and quickly recognize, diagnose and resolve complex problems, and ability to evaluate and integrate emerging technologies:
i.e., server operating systems and hardware platforms
i.e., client operating systems and hardware platforms
i.e., Data architectures, Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS) and associated components, such as gateways and replication services.
i.e., remote operations, software distribution, configuration management
i.e., image systems, workflow
i.e., hardware, software, and data
i.e., hardware, software, backup and recovery
i.e., Email, groupware, Internet
Local Area Networks
i.e., network operating systems, LAN protocols, LAN management
i.e., wide-area networking protocols, software, equipment, facilities, network management platforms
i.e., voice equipment, facilities, and services
- i.e., measurement and modeling methods and tools
- i.e., analysis and design methodologies, programming techniques
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Local Area Networks