• Lead the development of accounting standards and controls necessary to maintain integrity of financial reports and the chart of accounts. Guide staff on complex accounting issues by researching / interpreting accounting policies and collaborating other subject matter experts (AAMC, LCME accreditation financial reporting requirements, IU Financial Management Services, Federal and other compliance reporting requirements etc.). Use findings to make recommendations and assess the need for future projects. Continuously review accounting processes and policies and advise senior management on opportunities for improvement, training, and risk. Develop, propose, and implement standards and documentation for accounting system usage as well as the month-end and year-end closing processes. Troubleshoot financial accounting reporting issues with departmental staff and work with units to provide development opportunities and training to strengthen their teams.
• Collaborate with other financial services team leads and senior managers to identify departmental/organizational opportunities and develop solutions to financial reporting and processing problems and inefficiencies. As projects are identified and approved, the incumbent will be responsible for developing project charters and timelines, making staffing assignment recommendations, developing and implementing changes, and presenting results to senior leadership.
• Provide oversight for Financial Accounting and Reporting key deliverables including but not limited to AAMC annual financial reporting, department annual reviews, and monthly/annual close. Work collaboratively with other team leads within the Financial Services group to help maximize the effectiveness of cross-functional teams. The incumbent will mentor and provide direction to faculty and staff throughout the Enterprise on financial accounting and reporting processes and procedures.
• Complete ad hoc account reconciliation, financial analysis, and reporting tasks as assigned by financial services senior managers
• Serve on School and University Committees, participates in professional development activities to enhance knowledge and improve performance
REQUIRED: Bachelor’s degree, and three years of experience in a related field in fiscal management, accounting and financial reporting.
Combinations of related education and experience may be considered.
Ability to effectively communicate and exchange information with a wide variety of individuals, excellent interpersonal skills, and a customer service orientation. Strong organizational and multitasking skills including the ability to manage multiple priorities. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
Working Conditions / Physical Demands
Up to $72,500/yr, commensurate with experience
Customer Relationship Management
Resolve Customer Issue
Achieve Client Need