To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Geneva, IL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Maintenance Mechanic-1st Shift
OSI Group • Geneva, IL
Posted 4 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Responsible for troubleshooting, repair and maintenance of production machines and plant facilities and for the proper preventative maintenance of the plant and production equipment assigned.
MAJOR POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
(i.e., Policies, procedures, etc. for which you are responsible.)
• Diagnose and repair malfunctioning production and plant equipment
• Perform scheduled preventative maintenance on production equipment
• Lubricate the production equipment on a daily basis
• Replace broken belts, bearings, motors, electrical systems on the production equipment as necessary
• Monitor and correct the oil levels and oil condition on the production equipment on a weekly basis
• Calibrate production equipment to ensure that all parts are running properly
• Build machine modifications or system improvements as requested by management
• Troubleshoot and repair electrical systems and controls for production equipment and throughout plant
• Perform related duties as assigned
• Keep area clean
- High school or equivalent reading, writing and verbal skills
- At least five years diagnosing, repairing and maintaining refrigeration systems; including ammonia systems
- At least five years diagnosing, repairing and maintaining electrical and steam boiler systems
- Basic knowledge of programmable logic controllers.
OSI is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.