At Gentherm, we say, “It’s about the person.” We’re with you on a cold winter day when you turn on your heated seat and steering wheel or helping manage patient body temperature in the operating room, recovering room or intensive care units. We take a human approach with everything we do.
As the global leader in thermal management technologies we embrace the opportunity to create and deliver extraordinary thermal solutions that make meaningful differences in everyday life. We do this by improving health, wellness, comfort and energy efficiency.
We embrace an entrepreneurial spirit and combine that with our global leadership to deliver results. Working at Gentherm provides you the opportunity to not only shape the future of the automotive and medical industries, but also influence your career throughout the company. You will be engaged, challenged and inspired by our team to deliver leading thermal technologies that positively impact lives around the world.
Director of Manufacturing Finance
IMPACT AND OPPORTUNITY
Assists in preparing reports and conducting financial research and analysis for the purpose of business strategy development.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Develop financial and operational KPI’s for all manufacturing plants across Gentherm
- Develop consistent system of measurement of plant performance across Gentherm
- Provide leadership to all plant finance teams worldwide (11 team members)
- Be business partner for supply chain leader, supporting team in identifying and delivering quarterly manufacturing productivity targets
- Develop operating mechanisms to track Inventory turns companywide and develop actions to meet quarterly inventory targets
- Lead preparation and update on annual standard costs
- Prepare business cases for CAPEX expenditures
- Preparation of budget/forecasting processes
- Maintain budget timelines and forms.
- Educate Management on process requirements.
- Validate accuracy of information provided.
- Assist with consolidation of information to present final budgets to Senior Management.
- Preparation of monthly packages for senior management
- Analyze monthly results compared to budget & prior year for manufacturing plants
- Prepare board presentations and support Investor Relations team to prepare for analyst calls
- Implement new operating mechanisms to ensure forecasting accuracy
OTHER CORE FUNCTIONS
Preparation of key measurement reports
- Preparation of monthly budget and measurable package.
- Monthly/quarterly analytical review & reporting of information in comparison to budget and prior year.
- Coordinate reporting from various departments
Ensure timely and accurate variance analysis of budgets
- Work with Managers to review monthly variances in detail to assist with the development of corrective actions and to communicate fluctuations.
- Research potential cost savings and recommend solutions/action plans.
- Set up and monitor various operational rates (i.e.: standard labor and overhead rates).
Requires a bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from a four-year college or university majoring in Accounting or Finance with minimum of 5 years experience as a Financial Analyst in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of accounting principles, practices, and procedures.
- Must have a solid understanding of how to prepare and maintain financial reports; analyze and interpret financial documents, reports, and accounting data; plan, organize and coordinate work assignments; utilize problem solving techniques; and establish and maintain effective working relationships with others, especially multicultural teams.
- Must demonstrate high ethical and professional standards including maintaining confidentiality of privileged company information.
- Must be computer literate (Excel, Word or similar programs).
- A working knowledge of ERP systems is a plus.
- Understand the mission and output of your team; set SMART objectives and deliver
- Focus on agility and commitment to continuous improvement; Understand and act on internal and external drivers of change
- Foster a culture of learning and development; Support individual growth through continuous feedback to achieve personal and professional goals
- Openly embrace, create, implement and support new and innovative ideas, processes and technology that deliver business results
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
All positions in our office require interaction with people and technology while either standing or sitting. In order to best service our customers, internal and external, all associates must be able to communicate face-to-face and on the phone with or without reasonable accommodation. Gentherm is committed to compliance with its obligations under all applicable state and federal laws prohibiting employment discrimination. In keeping with this commitment, it attempts to reasonably accommodate applicants and employees in accordance with the requirements of the disability discrimination laws. It also invites individuals with disabilities to participate in a good faith, interactive process to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made without imposing an undue hardship.
Gentherm is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.