As an Engineering Assistant,
- Develop training material.
- Update engineering documents.
- Perfect the web reporting tool for the engineering department.
- Coordinate Fabrication Drawing Release approval.
- Develop tools and train personnel on their use.
- Complete mechanical designs and drawings for various projects utilizing PTC CREO.
- Review project status reports (PSR) and make recommendations for what comes forward to the PSR meetings.
- Conduct project reviews for non-watch-list projects.
- Perform investigative legwork for project anomalies, process escapes, or the like.
- Assist in the development of new or improved tools, processes, workflows, or plans and present new material to the
- Review proposals for these new tools.
- Perform other duties as required.Qualifications -
This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate's experience, requirements and business
needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.
- BS degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering from an accredited engineering school.
- Possess the ability to coordinate support from a wide range of technical disciplines.
- Possess the ability to visualize and work with others in problem-solving as part of a team.
- Experience with mechanical CAD packages such as PTC CREO or Solidworks.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines and schedules.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient with the Microsoft suite of tools.Preferences:
- Experience with technical writing.
- Excellent personal and professional career growth
- 9/80 work schedule (every other Friday off)
- Onsite cafeteria (breakfast & lunch)
- Comprehensive Benefit Package (medical, dental & vision)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Much, much more!Must be a U.S. Citizen and successfully complete a U.S. government background investigation.
Management has the prerogative to select at any level for which this position has been advertised.
Come join our team and be part of our future - we look forward to seeing you!
Generally an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on task.
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods (90% of time). May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs (5%
Equipment and Machines
Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, printer, etc.).
Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is critical. Ability to work outside normal schedule and
adjust schedule to meet peak periods and surge requirements when required.
Other Essential Functions
Must be able to work in a team atmosphere. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and
promotes teamwork and cooperation. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a
safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
Computer Aided Design
Solid Works (Cad)