To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Winston-Salem, NC
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Manager Financial Accounting & Policy
Hanesbrands Inc. • Winston-Salem, NC
Posted 12 days ago
The Senior Manager, Financial Accounting & Policy, is responsible for technical accounting research over complex accounting topics and assessment and implementation of adopted authoritative accounting guidance that impacts Hanesbrands. This person will collaborate with various business owners to understand transactions and provide proper technical guidance on the correct accounting treatment for accounting issues arising out of the general manufacturing business, international locations and supporting functions such as human resources, legal, and treasury. This person will also lead in developing/updating financial policies and procedures as necessary. This person will be involved with corporate staff initiatives to ensure that the accounting implications of actions being considered are understood by the decision makers. This role will prepare accounting entries in complex/judgmental accounting areas such as: stock compensation, diluted earnings per share, purchase accounting, intangible assets and goodwill. This role will also lead the quarterly and annual impairment assessment for the Company's consolidated intangible assets and goodwill balances though coordination with various senior business leads throughout the organization.
- Work on multiple financial projects simultaneously.
- Responsible for leading meetings with senior finance management and other business leaders to address technical accounting topics and finance projects.
- Continuously training/research of newly issues accounting guidance standards, assessment of the impact on Hanesbrands and presenting technical updates to senior finance management.
- Collaborate with Corporate Accounting and other finance departments to assist with the implementation of new accounting guidance, as applicable, to Hanesbrands.
- Work with the external auditors on issues raised through Internal, External and Sarbanes Oxley audits. Work with finance management to modify controls to resolve audit recommendations in a timely manner.
- Analyze financial results, KPI's and trends to identify financial areas of concern. Work directly with finance management to investigate concerns and develop remedial action plans.
- Work with various U.S. based and international businesses to understand financial projections, trends of the business, inherent risk and branding strategy to incorporate knowledge into the quarterly/annual impairment testing of intangibles and goodwill and review results with senior management.
- Responsible for preparing current expense and financial projections for stock compensation, calculations of basic and diluted shares outstanding.
- When acquisitions take place, responsible for working with various departments such as corporate accounting, corporate development, legal, senior management, the acquired entity and external consultants (3rd party valuation experts) to complete the opening balance sheet valuation of the acquired entity and prepare purchase accounting, along with SOX control support.
- Serve as a central point of contact for the external auditors.
- BS/BA in Accounting or Business related field required
- MS/MBA preferred
- CPA Required
- 6-8 years of increasing responsibility in financial reporting and accounting
- Strong technical skills and past experience of US GAAP and SEC reporting
- Familiarity with ERP systems and Hyperion desired
- Proficiency in MS Office applications
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with finance management and other business leaders
- Team player with developed interpersonal, communication (written, oral, and presentation), negotiating and leadership skills
- Good conceptual, critical thinking, analytical, quantitative skills, ability to problem solve and the ability to assess technical questions and opine on areas of judgment
- Must be able to work independently
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and should not require now, or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status
Only applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact us directly: