As a senior associate in RSM's growing Process Risk and Controls Practice, you will have the opportunity to draw from your experience and knowledge while continuing to grow your leadership skills through a high degree of client and industry exposure, career development and mentorship opportunities, and a diverse and inclusive culture. The fast-paced and dynamic environment in which we operate will provide you with daily challenges and exciting opportunities.
In the Process Risk and Controls Practice we frequently work as or alongside a client's internal audit function, the chief risk officer or risk function, Sarbanes-Oxley project team, and various other members of management tasked with managing risk. Our advisors help our clients with identifying and prioritizing risk and leveraging process and controls to reduce risk exposure.
Contributions to Firm Culture:
* Model the core RSM values of respect, integrity, teamwork, excellence and stewardship in all interactions with clients and team members
* Be open to new ideas and challenges, and help foster a culture that encourages people to ask questions, seek diverse perspectives, and challenge those around you
* Develop executive presence through interactions with management within RSM and our clients
* Develop meaningful relationships with client personnel and colleagues
* Support RSM's goals around diversity and inclusion by nurturing an environment that understands individuality, promotes authenticity, and values varied perspective in arriving at solutions
* Learn about the industries and clients that we serve in the middle market and leverage your understanding to become your clients' trusted advisor
* Exhibit basic knowledge of key industry fundamentals, regulatory environment, and terminology
* Identify current and relevant industry thought leadership and share with clients as relevant
* Independently implements and coaches associates on foundational industry policies, procedures, and work-programs
* Owns process level client relationships and collaboration with external stakeholders
* Prepare/Review initial drafts and follow-ups on client request lists
* Participate in risk assessment management interviews. Update risk assessment models and complete initial draft of identified risks
* Prepare and conduct tests of the operating effectiveness of clients' internal controls
* Draft test plans or work programs for review by senior members of the team
* Create/review narratives or flowcharts for a process. Identify and review all risks and controls for a process as needed
* Perform first level review of staff work for accuracy, completeness, and well-reasoned conclusions
* Manage budgets and provide accurate analysis of estimates to complete to engagement leader
* Review and complete status documents for client delivery
* Prepares initial draft of reports
* Understands and can provide guidance to staff over topics such as IIA Professional Standards, industry guidelines, COSO 2013, and SOX
* Develop the ability to support multiple client projects simultaneously, while actively contributing to other firm initiatives
* Encourage colleagues to think creatively, strive for growth through development opportunities, and maximize results while working within a team environment
* Proactively seek out opportunities to learn from or teach team members, build a coaching/mentoring network and take advantage of training opportunities to continually expand skills and leadership capability
* Maintain willingness to give and receive candid feedback in both written and verbal form. Commit to self-development in response to constructive feedback received.
* Provide assistance, guidance, and feedback to associates assigned to work with you
* Support recruiting efforts by understanding and promoting the RSM brand
* Participate in relevant industry associations and learning/development events to build industry perspective and contacts
* Gain knowledge of key fundamentals, regulatory environment, and terminology for your relevant industries
* Build an internal network and become aware of other services provided by the firm
* Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Accounting or related business discipline
* Minimum of 2 years of experience in audit, internal audit, or related internal control positions
* Proficiency in professional writing, spreadsheet, and presentation creation tools. Exposure to data analytics tools is preferred
* Qualified to pursue a job-relevant certification (e.g. CPA, CIA)
* Ability to travel to meet client needs and work collaboratively with others in-person and remotely
* Openness to workday flexibility, agility, remote work environment, leveraging new tools
* Effective communication skills, both verbally and in writing
* Effective time management and prioritization skills
The firm offers a competitive benefits package, base compensation, and an employee bonus program for eligible roles based on individual and firm performance per program guidelines. Base compensation ranges can be found between the ranges noted below in the posting, and an actual offer can vary based upon on role, hiring location, and qualifications. For additional information on RSM's total rewards, visit our website at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Senior Associate - Process Risk and Controls Consulting
If required by applicable law or client policy, you may be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or have an approved accommodation.
Youwant your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where youare today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents andpersonality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as anindividual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for youraccomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decisionmakers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'llmove quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from yourfresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
- Business Development
- Cash Or Share Options
- Coaching And Mentoring