To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
S45 W29290 Wisconsin 59
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Mechanical Engineer I
Generac • Waukesha, WI
Posted 1 month ago
Generac Power Systems – Work with the leader in the power industry! Our office in Waukesha, WI is seeking an Engineer I.
The Engineer I is responsible for providing engineering input to the product development projects assigned to him/her including interfacing with the cross functional team consisting of engineering, operations (industrial engineering, production, and material procurement), sourcing, quality, service, and marketing.
This position reports to the Engineering Manager.Responsibilities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designs, validates, and brings new products to market.
- Provide new product development support in the Mobile product area including; Creating and maintaining CAD models, drawings, and BOMs, Supporting product development plans (schedule, product cost, meeting design inputs), Interfacing with internal company personnel, Provide technical support for assigned projects.
- Specifies precise new product functional requirements; designs, tests and integrates standard, less complex components to produce final designs; and evaluates the design's overall effectiveness, cost (including cost/benefit analysis), reliability (risk analysis), and safety.
- Designs, develops, executes and evaluates fitness-for-use testing, product specifications and process validation plans for standard products and/or components; creates and reviews material part specifications and bills of materials.
- Collaborates with internal manufacturing partners, contract manufacturers, designers and product specialists to optimize basic designs for manufacturability.
- Utilizes CAD (Computer Aided Design) or CAE (Computer Aided Engineering) systems to model new designs and produce detailed engineering drawings.
- Supporting product development plans (schedule, product cost, meeting design inputs).
- Acts as a resource to more experienced engineers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or related Engineering discipline
- At least 3 months of relevant work experience
- Experience with 3D modeling to include Creo or SolidWorks
- Experience with machine design
- Industrial pump design experience
- Experience working with global teams
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to perform detail oriented work with a high degree of accuracy;
- Ability to translate technical information to all audiences;
- Uses basic engineering knowledge to improve products or services;
- Able to solve basic engineering problems; good decision-making skills;
- Proficient oral and written communication;
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear; and use hands to manipulate objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific conditions of this job are typical of frequent and continuous computer-based work requiring periods of sitting, close vision and ability to adjust focus. Occasional travel.