To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
538 COMMERCE DR
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Patient Service Technician I - Medical Delivery Driver
Rotech Healthcare Inc • Orem, UT
Posted 22 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Join the Leader in the Home Healthcare Industry! Rotech Healthcare Inc.
Let us be Your Road to Success
We are seeking a dedicated Patient Service Technician - Local Medical Delivery Driver who wants to be part of a company who makes a difference in patient’s lives. In this position you will be responsible for making deliveries, providing services and ensuring patients and/or caregivers understand instructions for and are comfortable with use of respiratory and medical equipment.
Why work for Rotech? If we take a look at all the ways employees benefit from working at Rotech, we have a philosophy we like to call: “The Rotech Difference.”
What's the Rotech Difference? It's made up of all the benefits, services and offerings available to Rotech Employees. It is the employee-based strategies that make our company an employer of choice in the healthcare industry. As a member of the Rotech Healthcare Team, employees can take advantage of many great opportunities as part of their career path.Responsibilities
- Available for on-call assignments as needed
- Completes all necessary delivery forms and paperwork including, but not limited to invoices, work orders, manifests and logs, patient care instructions, route sheets, etc.
- Delivers equipment and oxygen as required in accordance with industry standards and applicable federal, state and local governmental regulations
- Delivers, sets up and maintains equipment at the delivery address using company vehicle
- Develops and maintains working knowledge of current products and services offered by the company and all applicable governmental regulations
- Educates the patient and/or caregiver on the safe use and maintenance of the delivered items
- Maintains assigned company vehicle in a clean and safe working condition
- Observes additional needs that the patient may have and reports to management during morning meeting
- Reports equipment hazards and/or product incidents as required
- Works with location personnel to coordinate deliveries
- Ability to provide clear instructions to patients and/or caregivers to ensure understanding of equipment
- Ability to effectively communicate with location employees
- Builds relationships with patients and/or caregivers
- Adheres to the guidelines established in the ‘Rotech Way’
- Maintains a positive and constructive attitude
- Encourages patients and/or caregivers to complete the Customer Perception of Care survey
- Adheres to and implements all company policies and procedures, including but not limited to Clinical Programs
- Complies with applicable laws and regulations
- Develops and maintains a working knowledge of current Medicare, Medicaid, insurance regulations, and FDA/DOT and Joint Commission guidelines
- Delivers equipment and oxygen as required in accordance with industry standards and applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations
- Safeguards patient’s Protected Health Information and adheres to all HIPPA privacy regulations
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Delivery experience, minimum of 3 years
- Customer service experience
- Experience working in healthcare, home health, or medical field
- Knowledge of durable medical equipment or home medical equipment
- Mechanical aptitude with ability to learn
- Valid driver’s license with a clean record in the state in which you reside
- Employment is contingent upon a drug screening test and background investigation
- Ability to write legibly in English
- Builds relationships with patients, caregivers, and referral sources
- Effective oral and written communication with location staff, supervisors, patients, and referral sources
- Helpful, knowledgeable, and polite
- Maintains a positive, constructive, and polite, attitude
- Mapping skills including ability to plan time-saving delivery routes
- Must be able to accurately perform simple mathematical calculations using addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
- Read and successfully interpret written directions and/or instructions in English
- Time management skills
- Requires sitting, walking, standing, talking or listening
- Requires close vision to small print on computer and or paperwork
- Requires lifting and transporting of patient equipment and or move full & empty cylinders
- Requires contact with patients and equipment with potential exposure to contagious pathogens
- Requires driving a company vehicle for the majority of the workday
- Requires the ability to load, push, pull and lift oxygen concentrators, oxygen tanks, portable oxygen units, positive airway pressure devices, wheelchairs, power wheelchairs, scooters, hospital bed parts, walkers, commodes and other home medical equipment and supplies in and out of location, warehouse, company vehicle, patient residence and/or delivery address
Machines, Equipment and Technical Abilities
- Understanding use of all applicable home medical equipment and supplies
- Using common office equipment (e.g., phone, copier, fax, computer, etc.)
- Internet, including knowledge of email transmission and communication
- Internet navigation and research
- Loading, unloading and proper tie down procedures of transported oxygen and other cargo as per company policy
- Operating the assigned company vehicle safely
- Operating vehicle mounted power lift or rail gates as required
- Troubleshooting and repairing equipment
- Extensive travel via company vehicle required to patient’s homes and/or delivery address for set-ups and recurring deliveries
- Warehouse and office with moderate to high noise levels
- Contact with individual customers, caregivers, vendors, referral sources and employees
- Participates in morning meetings with location personnel on a regular basis
- Maintains close communication with all location employees to ensure consistent and timely communication on patient matters
- Competitive Compensation
- Career Path and Management opportunities
- Health and wellness benefits to include medical, prescription, dental and vision plans, short term and long term disability, supplemental life insurance and flexible spending accounts
- Employee Assistance program
- Full Time, Part Time, and Paid per Service positions
- PTO and Holidays
- Employee Discounts
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
- Employee Referral program
- Employee Recognition program
- Employee Service Program
Make the right move, apply today & create your job profile!
This process will take approximately 2-5 minutes to complete. The hiring manager will review your resume and contact you if your qualifications match our needs. We appreciate your interest in Rotech Healthcare Inc.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities
Rotech Healthcare Inc. recruits, employs, trains, promotes, transfers, separates from employment and compensates employees without regard to membership in, association with, or perception of race, color, age, gender, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or any other personal characteristic protected by applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality where Rotech has employees.