What You Will Do:
Registered Nurse (RN) – Cardiac Operating Room
Full-Time – Day Shift
Come elevate your skills and experience by working with a world class 800-bed, Magnet-designated Academic Medical Center with comprehensive and technologically advanced surgical suites.
We are looking for a Cardiac Operating Room Registered Nurses to join our nursing team at the University Of Maryland Medical Center (UMMC).
UMMC has five operating rooms dedicated to Cardia Surgery. The Cardiac OR is a regional referral center for the most difficult cardiac cases. Using the most advanced treatment options and therapies, cardiac surgical services range from repairing congenital heart defects in infants and children to performing heart transplantation and other complex procedures for high-risk adult patients.
As a Registered Nurse at UMMC, you’ll experience:
- A supportive and collaborative work environment
- An Achievable Professional Advancement model: Opportunities to progress in function, skills, and pay through our achievable promotion schedule;
- The opportunity to work in a specialized care environment at an Academic Medical Center with nursing centered care model and Magnet Designation;
A comprehensive benefits package including health, vision and dental coverage including prescription drug coverage, Tax-Free Savings Plans and more!
- A highly competitive wage scale: Annual merit increases and a base wage scale that is measured against market standards.
Generous tuition reimbursement of up to $10,000 per year for your graduate degree at the University of Maryland School of Nursing.
Located in downtown Baltimore near the Inner Harbor and Camden Yards, you won’t find a more vibrant place to work! What You Need to Be Successful:
- Currently licensed as an RN in the state of Maryland or eligible to practice under a compact license;
- Must have one-year nursing experience in Cardiac with solid knowledge and clinical skills;
- BSN preferred (Associates Nurses with 1+ years of experience in an inpatient facility, outpatient surgical office or other environment performing surgical services to patients;
All qualified Nurses MUST have relevant clinical work experience related to the practice of the unit to be considered.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Basic Cardiac Life Support
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (Acls)
Post Anesthesia Care Unit
Intensive Care Unit