Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world’s biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization.
Our Northeast Water business is looking for a Project Engineer to join the team in either our Harrisburg, PA or North Wales, PA offices. As Project Engineer, you will assist with project management, preparation of investigations, permit applications, designs and project development for water, wastewater and stormwater linear infrastructure systems throughout the region.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Completing assigned study, design and construction engineering tasks by working closely with senior project engineers and project managers
- Performing design calculations, alternative analyses and economic evaluations
- Collecting and compiling data
- Developing water collection, conveyance and distribution system layouts
- Coordinating meetings, including pre-bid, pre-construction and project progress meetings
- Assisting with coordination of multi-disciplinary design projects
- Maintaining open communication with project team members
For success in this position, you will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering
- Engineer in Training (EIT) Certification preferred
- Intent to pursue Professional Engineer (PE) License in PA; already having your PE is a plus
- 5-10 years of relevant water engineering experience, including underground linear utilities (i.e. water, wastewater, and stormwater)
- Strong communication skills and ability to work within a team and independently
- Focus on client service
- Devise approaches to problem resolution
- Ability to think proactively and take ownership of your work
- Willingness to observe construction activities and complete field investigations
- Willing and able to travel to project sites and client meetings throughout central Pennsylvania
If you are passionate about pursuing this position, please submit your application by following the link below.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.
This position does not provide visa sponsorship.
- Professional Engineer
- Engineer In Training
- Physical Education (Pe)