LMI is a not-for-profit government consulting firm, dedicated to advancing the management of government. We operate free of political and commercial bias, and we gauge our success by the mission outcomes we enable our government clients to achieve. Our clients value our objectivity, deep government IQ, and expertise in logistics, analytics, information technology, and management consulting. We seek talented, hardworking people who share our passion for public service and want to join us in solving the most pressing challenges in government management. LMI is seeking a Design Thinking Consultant and Facilitator
who will guide government clients through design thinking processes to generate creative, practical, and effective solutions to their pressing challenges in strategy, process, technology, and service delivery. This position is full-time and based at LMI Headquarters in Tysons, VA.
- Apply an iterative, design thinking process and lens to support clients to solve complex problems in strategic planning, process improvement, technology adoption and evolution, and service delivery.
- Design and deliver customized, engaging, results-oriented interventions and workshops to improve organizational and team performance
- Facilitate design thinking workshops. Use design thinking principles (ideation, prototyping, testing, and feedback) and tools (journey maps, prototyping tools, etc.) to facilitate problem-solving sessions for a range of government audiences, from senior leaders to front-line implementers.
- Collaborate with government stakeholders to co-design session agendas, prompts, and exercises that help participants achieve their objectives with design thinking workshops.
- Perform research and convert insights from leading designers, strategists, and technologists into solutions to organizational management challenges.
- Craft compelling stories and visual models to communicate insights and discoveries.
- Communicate with government stakeholders and decision-makers in compelling ways using a variety of visual mediums.
- Advanced degree in a relevant field, including business, public administration, public policy, design, consulting, or organizational development
- 3+ years of experience within the past 4 years in human centered design, facilitation, service design, or customer experience
- Thorough knowledge and demonstrated experience applying design thinking principles and tools to solve client challenges
- Exceptional oral and written communication and presentation skills, with proficiency in multiple methods of visual communication
- Experience in group facilitation, including with groups of senior organizational leaders
- Experience working in a project-based environment
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to obtain a U.S. government security clearance.
- Experience in federal government or federal government consulting
- Project management experience and/or credentials
- Skills as a graphic facilitator
- Active government security clearance.
Business Process Improvement
Complex Problem Solving