Under the supervision of the Radiology Leadership
, and Radiologists, the Image Liaison is responsible for performing a variety of duties related to the efficient operation of a multi-specialty medical practice.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists CRHC staff with radiology reports/images and follows up to ensure completion.
- Prints film/burns CD as requested by HIM, patients and/or Clinicians.
- Mails and /or distributes Film/CD requests for providers.
- Imports/Exports images to other facilities as needed.
- Tracks and / or monitors ALL incoming and outgoing internal and external Film/CD.
- Digitizes films or uploads CD as a comparative study.
- Ability to communicate with HIM department in a courteous, professional and timely manner.
- Assists other areas when needed.
- Travels to all imaging sites as needed.
- Accountability- Takes responsibility for outcomes of personal actions, decisions, and behaviors. Provides consistent, timely, high quality work. Completes work by established time lines and routinely uses time effectively. Meets annual mandatory education and employee health requirements in the time frame prescribed. Is punctual, observes prescribed work hours and meal periods and has an acceptable overall attendance record. Adheres to safety guidelines and reports environmental issues to Facilities.
- Adaptability- Accepts and effectively adapts to changes in position, department and organization. Responds to change positively with a genuine desire to support the organization and accepting work assignment adjustments as needed.
- Communication- Communicates clearly and effectively both orally and written. Demonstrates active listening and respect for other's ideas, problems, and suggestions. Responds in a prompt and friendly manner to requests and inquiries. Respects confidentiality and is HIPAA compliant in all aspects of communication regarding patients, employees and the organization. Utilizes C.L.E.A.R. and H.E.A.R.T.
- Computer Literacy- Uses computers and software relevant to position effectively and efficiently in the working environment.
- Customer/Patient Focus- Knows the customer (internal and external) business needs and acts accordingly. Provides consistent, quality service to all patients and customers.
- Job Knowledge/Technical Skill- Effectively performs essential job functions on a consistent basis. Demonstrates the practical and technical skills and knowledge required for the job. Demonstrates initiative consistent with job expectations to improve performance.
- Professionalism- Takes pride in presenting a professional image and behavior. Maintains professional appearance by adhering to dress code and wearing identification badge. Acts in accordance with the Core Values.
- Teamwork/Cooperation- Creates a positive work environment and influences the behavior of other employees by their supportive and positive approach to daily activities within the work environment. Assists coworkers in response to fluctuations in workloads. Maintains positive work relationships by being courteous and respectful. Builds trust and works with integrity. Accepts criticism, is open to new ideas, and handles conflict constructively and diplomatically.
- High School Diploma with sufficient formal or informal education / experience necessary to maintain proper medical records
- Three years Radiology or related clerical experience in medical setting preferred
- Close contact with Clinicians, Radiologists, Nursing Staff, Clinical Assistants, Technologists and other support staff.
- Sit for prolonged periods of time
- May occasionally be required to lift up to 25 lbs
• Usual office environment
• Work area may be noisy and stressful
- Active Listening
- Business Requirements
- Computer Literacy