Job Title: Senior Director of Business Development / Program Management for Laser Technologies
Company Name: Biomerics Advanced Laser Division
Location: Brooklyn Park, MN
Position Type: Full-Time
Pay: Salary - DOE
Company Description: Biomerics is a world class contract manufacturer and innovative Polymer and Laser solutions provider for the medical device and biotech industries. As a vertically integrated company, we specialize in the design, development, and production of medical devices for diagnostic, robotic surgery, and interventional procedures. We are focused on next-generation solutions for the vascular access, electrophysiology, cardiac rhythm management, neurovascular, structural heart, and cardiovascular markets.
Biomerics Advanced Laser Division: Biomerics Advanced Laser Division offers deep experience in laser welding, laser cutting, laser drilling, laser ablation, and laser marking of metal and plastic materials. Our breadth of laser technology includes Nd:YAG lasers, fiber lasers, and femtosecond lasers. These laser technologies, combined with our expert knowledge in laser process development enable us to develop optimized manufacturing solutions for a wide range of medical applications. We laser process flat stock, metal tubes, plastic tubes, electrodes, bands, wire assemblies, and cannula assemblies. We also offer a full line of secondary processes including cleaning, passivation, heat setting, and electropolishing.
The Senior Director of Business Development/Program Management will be responsible for managing the Business Development & Program Management activities for our Laser/Metals business. The Sr. Director of Business Development & Program Management will manage the team and the execution of New Product Development (NPD) and New Product Introduction (NPI) projects, regardless of scale, and will manage project managers and/or engineers within assigned projects. The candidate will work within the constraints of budget, schedule, and scope while managing risk and ensuring adherence to established processes and methodologies. The role will report to the President of the Laser/Metals business based in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Roles and Responsibilities Include:
- Participate in and help drive the strategy of the business as part of the Leadership Team to meet our vision and foster the desired culture and customer experience that enables us to do so
- Devise strategies and opportunities to obtain new business opportunities that fit the business strategy in collaboration with our Sales and Leadership Team
- Frequent interaction with customers, suppliers, and internal resources
- Mentoring other project managers and engineers while fostering a collaborative and effective team and culture consistent with our business principles and vision
- Meet customers where they are at and achieving our goals for a positive and differentiated experience in working with us on programs and products
- Execute engineering projects and programs for medical device products consistent with our business management principals
- Estimating costs and creating proposals for programs and projects for our Customers that meet or exceed customer expectations and drive profitable growth for our business
- Using project management tools to manage large and complex projects or programs
- Defining and managing scope, time, and resources of large scale, complex projects or programs
- Facilitating identification of project or program risks, developing and assigning responsibility for mitigation actions, and managing the mitigation plan
- Refining project management methodologies for quality and project or program risk management
- Synthesizing critical information and communicating business implications to stakeholders
- A Bachelor's degree in related field required (Mechanical, Materials Science, Biomedical, etc.) or equivalent work experience (Required)
- A minimum of 8+ years of related work experience in the Medical Device field (Required).
- The ability to lead a team toward business vision and goals with aptitude to help drive to strategic goal-setting for the business and the teams within it (Required).
- Experience in Laser Processing Technology (Preferred), catheter development (Preferred), or metal processing and assembly technologies (Preferred)
- Must have experience working through all aspects of Medical Device Design/Development including Design V&V and Process Validation / Technology Transfer (Required).
- Demonstrated skills in managing medical device development projects to produce effective and differentiated products meeting customer expectations and internal business goals (Required)
- Must be a self-starter and foster a culture of excellence within their team and the business (Required)
- The ability to perform statistical analysis using k-factors, Ppk, and DOEs along with root cause analysis (Required)
- Experience developing designs and testing via a phase-gate analysis (Concept, Feasibility, Verification) using a risk-based approach compliant with 21CFR/ISO-14971 (Required)
- Must have experience with medical process validation and proven design for manufacturability skills (Required)
- Travel may be required
Benefits: Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, Vacation Days, 9 Paid Holidays, 401k and ON-SITE Fitness Facility