Join our team at ACTS Retirement-Life Communities! ACTS has been setting the standard for excellence in senior retirement living since 1972, with a vision founded in faith and guided by a commitment to integrity and loving kindness.
The ideal candidate is willing to work 1st shift Mon-Fri and occasional Saturdays as scheduled, up to 20hrs per week. Must be certified RN.
Serves as case manager; coordinates and provides all aspects of nursing care for in-home clients.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Carries out nursing skills contributing to treatment and rehabilitation as directed by the physician. 2. Plans for coordinated nursing and therapy services for clients under care. 3. Provides, arranges for, teaches or supervises nursing care of clients in their place of resident. 4. Initiates medical treatment orders for medication and treatments as prescribed by the physician. 5. Initiates appropriate preventative and rehabilitative nursing procedures. 6. Reports and documents any deviations from the plan of treatment or clients condition to the nursing supervisor and/or physician. 7. Ensures a safe and clean environment for the client. 8. Documents and submits accurate and complete clinical notes regarding clients. 9. Teaches client and/or family as appropriate. 10. Provides for emotional needs of both the client and family, and counsels as needed. 11. Assists client with ADL's as necessary including feeding client, preparing meals, maintaining proper body positioning and care of client's skin. 12. Serves as a case manager in the performance of Medicare visits, which includes the following: a. Coordinates services b. Re-evaluates each client's progress (or lack of) and reports to supervisor and/or physician c. Notifies the lab of studies ordered by physician and obtains lab results d. Notifies Medicare Supervisor of any pending telephone calls to lab, family or physician e. Prepares schedule of frequency of visits f. Supervises and teaches other nursing personnel 13. Attends all mandated in-services. 14. Adheres to all Federal, State and Corporate policies, procedures and standards of nursing care.
Critical Skills and Knowledge Necessary
● Current state license as Registered Nurse ● Previous experience with Medicare in performing Home Health visits. ● Excellent physical assessment skills ● Comprehensive knowledge of nursing principles ● Current or eligible for certification in Cardia/Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Intravenous Therapy ● Excellent interpersonal skills ● Valid state driver's license ● Good oral and written communication skills in English
● Lifting 50 pounds occasionally and carrying 10 pounds frequently for long distances. For weights greater than 50 pounds assistance from co-worker or use of lifting device is required. ● Sitting and walking short or long distances frequently and occasional standing. ● Driving frequently, up to 2 hours at one time ● Pushing/pulling up to 50 pounds occasionally ● Reaching below knees to above shoulders occasionally ● Bending and squatting occasionally ● Simple grasping, fine manipulation and writing frequently ● Talking and hearing in person and on telephone ● Clear speaking voice ● Near acuity, far acuity and color vision
● Inside 100% ● Exposure to outside weather conditions when traveling between residences/facilities ● Hazards -- Blood Borne Pathogens and Infectious Diseases
Specific Vocational Preparation
Specific vocational preparation includes an occupationally significant combination of: vocational education, apprentice training, on-the-job training or essential experience in other jobs:
Hours of Operation:
* Variable schedules depending on case needs * At least 1 weekend per month
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to ourTrust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 1374/981
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Acts Retirement-Life Communities has been setting the standard for excellence in senior retirement living since opening its first community in 1972.
With a vision founded in faith and guided by a commitment to integrity and loving-kindness, Acts has established an unsurpassed reputation for strength and stability in the senior retirement living industry. Acts Retirement-Life Communities is incorporated in Pennsylvania and is designated a 501(c) 3 charitable organization.