We are AAM. We have the POWER to move the world.
At AAM, we're looking for associates who push boundaries and drive solutions for the future. Innovators. Thinkers. Dreamers. Doers. No matter the role or function, every associate is a piece of what makes AAM great. We’re growing and building #TeamAAM to be the best. Join us!
Job Posting Title
Job Description Summary
Visual and manual inspection of hot parts
Hot Inspector is responsible for ensuring visual and dimensional compliance to specifications of hot production as called out on standardized work, control plans, and other plant processes. Other responsibilities include ensuring a safe work area and good housekeeping practices.
1. Audit all assigned hot production cells to ensure visual and dimensional compliance to specifications
2. Provide support to production supervision for problem solving
3. Disposition and disposal of scrap from each assigned production cell
4. Communicate product quality concerns with leadership
1. Complete job specific check sheets to demonstrate compliance and/or noncompliance to visual and dimensional specifications per Control Plan requirements
2. Record production and create bar code label for product traceability
3. Authorized and empowered to stop production cell that is producing discrepant material
4. Quarantine all material produced after discrepant material is identified back to last known conforming material
5. Disposition, disposal, and recording of scrap from each assigned production cell
6. Assist production and/or quality management in problem solving activities
7. Maintain clean and safe work environment
Required Skills and Education
experience with measuring tools and preferably blueprint reading
About American Axle & Manufacturing
For over 20 years, customers around the world have entrusted AAM to design, engineer, validate and manufacture driveline, metal forming, powertrain, and casting technologies for automotive, commercial and industrial markets. Today, we are a premier global Tier 1 automotive supplier with broad capabilities across multiple product lines to deliver efficient, powerful and innovative solutions for our customers. We’ve earned the trust of our suppliers and our customers through our steadfast commitments to quality, operational excellence and technology leadership.
AAM delivers power. We deliver power literally through vehicle components, systems and innovation, but we also deliver power in ways unseen. We power our associates, their families, and the communities in which we operate. Our global team of over 25,000 associates has a clear vision of where AAM is going and how we are going to get there. After all, they are the reason we are a leader in the automotive industry. We are powering the future. We are AAM. Move with us, and join #TeamAAM.
AAM will not discriminate against any Associate or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, gender, religion, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic history or information, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, or other characteristic protected by law. AAM will take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and that Associates are treated equally during employment, without regard to their age, race, color, gender, religion, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic history or information, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, or other characteristic protected by law. For the Disabled Job Seeker: We offer reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled individuals who are applicants for employment. To request assistance or accommodations, please e-mail Email blocked - click to apply
. AAM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.