UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Support organization-wide data governance activities with responsibility for improving the quality and managing the protection of sensitive data and information assets. The position will focus on helping the data governance group to establish and operate an enterprise data governance framework for data policies, standards, and practices. As part of the data governance group, the individual will focus on metadata management, privacy, security, lifecycle management, compliance, and reporting.
Positions in this function are responsible for the management and manipulation of mostly structured data, with a focus on building business intelligence tools, conducting analysis to distinguish patterns and recognize trends, performing normalization operations and assuring data quality. Depending on the specific role and business line, example responsibilities in this function could include creating specifications to bring data into a common structure, creating product specifications and models, developing data solutions to support analyses, performing analysis, interpreting results, developing actionable insights and presenting recommendations for use across the company. Roles in this function could partner with stakeholders to understand data requirements and develop tools and models such as segmentation, dashboards, data visualizations, decision aids and business case analysis to support the organization. Other roles involved could include producing and managing the delivery of activity and value analytics to external stakeholders and clients. Team members will typically use business intelligence, data visualization, query, analytic and statistical software to build solutions, perform analysis and interpret data. Positions in this function work on predominately descriptive and regression-based analytics and tend to leverage subject matter expert views in the design of their analytics and algorithms. This function is not intended for employees performing the following work: production of standard or self-service operational reporting, casual inference led (healthcare analytics) or data pattern recognition (data science) analysis; and/or image or unstructured data analysis using sophisticated theoretical frameworks.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Participate in development of enterprise data governance implementation roadmap including strategic priorities for development of information-based capabilities
- Support rollout of enterprise-wide data governance framework, with a focus on improvement of data quality and the protection of sensitive data through modifications to organization behavior policies and standards, principles, governance metrics, processes, related tools and data architecture
- Define roles and responsibilities related to data governance and ensure clear accountability for stewardship of our division’s information assets
- Serve as a liaison between Business and Functional areas and technology to ensure that data related business requirements for protecting sensitive data are clearly defined and communicated, and well understood and considered as part of operational prioritization and planning
- Develop & maintain inventory of the enterprise information maps, including authoritative systems, owners
- Facilitate the development and implementation of data quality standards, data protection standards and adoption requirements across the enterprise
- Collaborate with data modelers to maintain current, accurate business and technical meta data for OCIO data models
- Collaborate with data modelers to maintain and promote data object naming standards, standard business abbreviations and acronyms across OCIO
- Engage with Data Governance Council members in support of business ownership/stewardship of data domains
- Establish data quality metrics and reporting for priority data domains
- Coordinate external data sources to eliminate redundancy and streamline the expense related to those services
- structured data analysis using sophisticated theoretical frameworks.
- Reviews the work of others
- Develops innovative approaches
- Sought out as expert
- Serves as a leader/ mentor
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years or more work of experience using data quality tools and techniques to analyze and monitor data quality
- 1+ years of SQL experience
- Experience developing and managing data governance practices, working with technical and business resources to resolve issues related to management of enterprise information assets
- Experience developing business and technical metadata, and operating enterprise metadata repository
- Knowledge of information lifecycle and compliance reporting for retention and archive
- Knowledge of data related government regulatory requirements and emerging trends and issues
- Demonstrated consulting skills, with change management concepts and strategies, including communication, culture change and performance measurement system design
- Subject matter knowledge of health data including claim, member and provider information
- Advanced Degree
- Healthcare Insurance industry experience
- Demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity, changing priorities and challenging situations
- Ability to interact with business representative across all the Business and Functional areas
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement. The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.