Project Manager - Emerging Technology
Put a LIFT in Your Career!
Hyster-Yale Group, Inc. (HYG), a world-class manufacturer of industrial lift trucks, has an outstanding opportunity for an exceptional and talented Project Manager, Emerging Technology
at our facility located in Greenville, NC. HYG designs, engineers, manufactures, sells and services a comprehensive line of lift trucks and aftermarket parts marketed globally under the Hyster and Yale brand names. We are one of the global leaders in the Material Handling industry and have been building relationships and partnering with our customers, suppliers, dealers and employees for over 80 years.
The Project Manager, Emerging Technology
will lead and direct project management activities for emerging technology deployment projects. Overall responsibility for the successful deployment of technology related solutions and projects. Leads and directs all customer facing project management activities to include:
* Client Kick-off meetings
* Development, management, and accountability for project timeline, scope, and project management budget
* Resolving project issues through PMI based risk management approach
* Leads and directs junior project team members from Hyster-Yale as well as our technology partners
Maintain project stakeholder communications and ensure this yields delighted customers and dealers through keeping them informed and involved with product status and opportunities for input on the solution design decisions. This role will promote growth of existing emerging technology customers through the direct support of continuous improvement initiatives as a lead resource in providing Customer performance reviews. Support departmental efforts to maintain and improve standard project management processes across transactional role types.
The successful Project Manager, Emerging Technology will have the following Key Accountabilities:
The successful Project Manager, Emerging Technology will have the following Minimum Qualifications:
- Responsible for successful project management for emerging technology projects, at customer sites; leading dealers and our vendor ( 3rd party technology partners) through a successful project deployment.
- Directly manage the implementation projects for HYG emerging technology solutions. Partner with appropriate Hyster/Yale or Dealer Channel Account management to ensure customer deliverables and expectations are being met:
- Develops and manages project schedules and implementation budgets
- Performs customer kick-off meetings and assigns project management tasks to HYG and technology partners
- Performs on-site customer facing project management activities and leads and directs junior project management personnel
- Approach the goal of Customer satisfaction with the team by preparing for and facilitating frequent stakeholders meeting, promptly resolving and communicating issues.
- Manages large and mid-size emerging technology projects, utilizing Project Management standards suggested by PMI. Developing and maintaining client facing project documents.
- BS/BA degree in business related field strongly preferred.
- 5 + years of relevant project management experience. Demonstrated presentation and training experience desired.
- Project Management Experience
- Customer applications
- Product management principles and solutions development
- Experience with emerging technologies preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of marketing/sales and general business management. Ability to convert technical analysis into value propositions that are easy for customers and sales people to understand.
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer applications in a Windows-based environment is a must
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills needed.
- Ability to multi-task multiple and changing priorities with proven organizational skills in a fast-paced environment required.
HYG US Greenville, NC (Headquarters)
1400 Sullivan Drive
Relocation Assistance Available
We are an equal opportunity employer with an excellent benefit package including medical, dental and life insurance, 401(k) and profit sharing.