To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Santa Monica, CA 90403
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Bellman / Valet
Oceana • Santa Monica, CA
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The newly renovated Oceana Hotel in Santa Monica, CA is re-opening in May 2019 after a $30 Million renovation on our ocean front property and we are hiring Bellman – Valets to warmly greet and assist guests arriving and departing from the hotel, park their vehicles, offer information on hotel amenities, and help them with luggage or arranging local transportation.
If you have at previous experience working as a Valet, Bellman, or Doorman at a luxury hotel, resort, or fine dining restaurant, then we want you to apply today. We will be scheduling in-person interviews for qualified candidates over the next few weeks.
- Competitive pay of $16.10 per hour plus tips
- Comprehensive Medical (PPO and HMO), Dental, Vision and 401(k) options are available for full-time employees
- Full-time and part-time schedules
- Training and advancement opportunities
Apply today with your updated resume, then check your phone and email messages often for a message about scheduling a short phone interview.
- Must have a valid U.S. driver’s license
- Able to drive both automatic and manual transmission vehicles
- Ability to safely lift, pull, push up to 50 lbs to move guest luggage
- Previous Bellman or Doorman experience is preferred
- Friendly and professional personality
- Able to work a hospitality schedule that will include weekends and holidays
- Willing to conform to hotel appearance standards which include wearing hotel issued uniform, no visible tattoos while wearing uniform, no unnatural hair colors, no piercings other than one pair on ears for women, neatly groomed facial hair on men
- Willing to submit to background check
After you apply, make sure to listen to voicemails, answer calls from unknown numbers and check emails for a message from us on the next step.
Duties include (but not limited to):
- Warmly greet all guests upon arrival to the hotel.
- Open doors and assist guests and visitors entering and leaving property
- Inform guests of property amenities, services, and hours of operation, and local areas of interest and activities
- Transport guest luggage to and from guest rooms and/or designated bell area
- Assist guests and visitors in and out of vehicles, including assisting guests with loading/unloading luggage
- Arrange transportation (e.g., taxi cab, shuttle bus) for guests/visitors, and record advance
- Other duties as assigned by management
Oceana is part of the family of hotels managed by JRK Hotel Group. The property is located overlooking the Pacific Ocean in the most sought after neighborhood in Santa Monica. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Oceana does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.