Manager, Learning & Development, Deloitte Tech Academy
The chief purpose of Learning & Development at Deloitte is to grow leaders for the future, build world-class capabilities for maximum client impact, and consistently deliver an exceptional development experience to our people.
Learning is at the core of Deloitte's culture. We emphasize a holistic approach to development that is not just about education, but also self-awareness, exposure to real-world problems, and connections to people. We position our professionals to help tackle some of the most complex issues in business, our communities, and society at large.
The Deloitte Technology Academy will be a leading-edge, branded educational institute that develops new age digital skills, offering a comprehensive cross-business curriculum, blend of solutions, dedicated faculty, and strategic partnerships that differentiate Deloitte as the premier organization for technology skills development. When operating at full scale, we expect Deloitte Tech Academy to train tens of thousands of learners annually in critical technology skills including AI, Cloud, Cyber, custom development, and package technologies.
Work you'll do
As the Cloud Program Manager, you will lead DTA's Cloud development learning programming, supporting the expansion of Cloud training across Deloitte businesses, while driving connection across the broader DTA teams. As a member of DTA and the Cloud school, you will collaborate with a blended US/USI team and exhibit agility in driving connection across a diverse and cross-functional set of stakeholders. Reporting to the DTA COE Thread Leader, your specific responsibilities as a Cloud Institute Program Manager, you will:
* Manage a team of 3-4 program specialists and 5 delivery specialists to run the Cloud Institute training schedule, which includes multiple overlapping cohorts running concurrently
* Partner with Cloud Institute Design team to collaborate on project work, provide input and guidance for new pathway and curriculum development
* Build trust and consult with a variety of stakeholders to ensure we are meeting their needs and expectations, provide regular status on Cloud Institute training effectiveness
* Create structure, organization, and clear processes to enable a seamless and effective learning program experience
* Drive alignment of Cloud upskilling needs across Deloitte businesses with Cloud curriculum, broadening the reach of our current programming and broadening the portfolio of our current curriculum
* Lead the design, development, pilot, delivery, and evaluation of innovative learning and capability development solutions that support Deloitte professionals' performance and growth in technology
* Define and execute L&D strategies in collaboration with DTA COE Leadership and cross-functional business leaders and talent stakeholders
* Lead project teams, which may include Development Specialists, Subject Matter Resources, Delivery Managers, vendors, and India-based instructional designers and technical teams, to ensure the effective development and delivery of curriculum, programs, and processes
* Create and review deliverables that support and drive strategy and organization of DTA
* Align project teams and stakeholders to implement highly effective and innovative L&D solutions, including digitized content, individualized learning paths, and development in the flow of work
* Exhibit a consultative mindset to assess current state, define future vision and define gaps
* Contribute to remote teamwork to deliver on the DTA vision across geographies-executing with strong project management skills to monitor projects, financials, scope, issues, risks, timelines-by delivering quality solutions that achieve desired business outcomes.
* Cultivate an inclusive, high-performing team that maximizes team member contribution by creating an environment of mutual support and shared responsibility.
* Maintain an active curiosity about the latest trends in the technology training landscape (including competitor actions regarding their own technology academies) to anticipate business asks and oversee the creation of development solutions to keep DTA on the leading edge of efficient and effective skill development.
* Lead, inspire, and coach team members, fostering individual and team growth and agility through delegation, feedback, instruction, and encouragement-building on strengths and dissecting and developing areas for improvement.
* Use data throughout the solution development lifecycle to identify opportunities, inform decisions, test ideas, design and improve solutions, and measure impact.
* Apply knowledge of vendor landscape, adult learning theory, learning and development best practices, tools and technology to advise on and evaluate options to elevate the learning strategy.
* Provide functional expertise to identify, research, and resolve complex problems
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
* Bachelor's Degree; at least 8 years of related experience
* Demonstrated, end-to-end project/program management experience: conception and initiation, planning, execution, performance/monitoring, and project close
* Demonstrated consultative approach: excellent communication and influencing skills to communicate effectively and credibly, both verbally and in writing, with audiences at all management levels
* Highly organized, with the ability to manage multiple priorities, work threads, team members, and stakeholders
* Agile and flexible, able to pivot and react quickly to new and high priority needs
* Strong relationship building and stakeholder management skills, including experience owning client relationships with senior leaders
* Ability to analyze and synthesize data from multiple sources to identify themes and develop compelling recommendations
* Ability to work autonomously and effectively in a fast-paced, complex, multi-tasking virtual environment
* Strong command of Microsoft Office skills and ability to produce deliverables that carry a "stamp of excellence."
* In Excel, aggregate data, conduct complex analysis, and display results visually
* In PowerPoint, translate data into insights and tell a logically structured, succinct, and compelling story tailored to your audience that conveys clear, actionable recommendations
* In Word, create clear, concise communications with a user-friendly layout conducive to cognition
* Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
* Experience working in a learning and development organization
* Prior consulting or professional services experience
* Degrees or certifications in Adult Learning, Organizational Psychology, or Human Resources
* Strong strategic-thinking skills with an ability to collaborate with team members on best practices
* Proven experience successfully leading a project portfolio including scoping, planning, budgeting, and delivering multiple concurrent, complex work streams in a matrixed organization
* Experience taking a consultative approach to designing and delivering innovative learning solutions with measurable business results
* Strong analytical skills and ability to identify and present data-driven insights and trends
* Outstanding interpersonal skills that build relationships across levels with a capacity for influence, collaboration, and consensus-building
* Some amount of travel could be required based on role responsibilities
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in Colorado or Nevada, Deloitte is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. This compensation range is specific to the State of Colorado and the State of Nevada and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $86,425 to $159,165.
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Services LP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 109799
- Adult Education
- Agile Methodology
- Artificial Intelligence
- Capability Development